Not what I would have guessed but alright. Thanks for the effort on the pics. Interesting that in 1938 it passed thru the Zella-Mehlis proofhouse and not Suhl. Greifeldt more than likely would have been the wholesaler who took Carl Steigele's order, procured the components and either performed the work or subcontracted the work. With the longarm passing thru Zella-Mehlis, I wonder if Greifeldt subcontracted some of the work to a craftsman "L" in Zella-Mehlis. Right off I don't recall when Carl Stiegele expired, but the lone bell had tolled for him and possibly his son long before the time this example was completed and the firm was more or less a firearms merchant, which took a client's order, then sought out a firm in Suhl or Zella-Mehlis to fill the order. The script "L" defines some craftsman, more than likely Zella-Mehlis than Suhl, who was compensated for some effort as well as assumed liability if the longarm didn't pass the test in the final state at the Zella-Mehlis proofhouse in April 1938. Crown over B was an all or nothing proof in the completed state. I would say however that the serial number would fall in the Greifeldt range. Also the Carl Stiegele firm had to have a master gunsmith on staff to peddle weapons.

I'll take a wild guess that it is a pleasure to shoot.

Value is somewhat reduced with the rail scope mount, but a set of rings would almost double the price.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse