Took out the sneak boat this morning for the first time but the weather man lied to me. Was supposed to be cloudy with a wind at 10mph by 6am, when we picked up the rig at 11am it was still bright and clear with the wind at zero.

Needless to say, we didn't fire a shot, to kill them sneak shooting it's gotta blow at least a little. Was good to get all the gear out for the first time though, give everything a shakedown. We had a little problem with the motor that didn't hold us back from going out but wasn't something that I'd have wanted to happen when it was blowing 15 one day with three footers rolling the bay.

Felt good to put the oars in the locks, though I'm a little stiff from the effort. The boat is an old wooden planked job that's been glassed over, I use a small motor going to and from but once we're out there it's mostly the oars for putting out and taking up the blocks plus going back to the float after a sneak. Always rusty the first time I row for the season but it comes back pretty quick once you get started.

Going to give them another try on Friday, weather is supposed to be nasty. We saw huge rafts of big divers this morning, they're definitely there, just wasn't the day to get them to handle into the rig. If the weather for Friday comes like they say it is, that will be the day.....

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits