September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (graybeardtmm3, battle, azgreg, Hammergun, Argo44, 2 invisible), 308 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,918
Posts550,711
Members14,459
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

For whom who likes sperm oil, this oil could be reaplaced by neatsfoot oil, oil made from animal joints. Its very light oil and been in use for clocks and watches and now for leather restoring.
I got one small bottle of this oil and use it as black powder patched bullet lubrication mix with bee wax. This mix works just fine.

Geno.
Hal
Unregistered
Hal
Unregistered

Still with RIG here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Zwego:

What are those small characters that you have in your texts?

I aint very smart, but are you typing on a typewriter that has a foreign language keyboard?

Thanks,

Franchi

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

So, Geno, you went from non-lubricant PTFE mixed in petroleum base, and then wiped off, to neatsfoot oil in the space of this discussion?
They are both crap. At least when compared to any synthetic lubricant, in any kind of head to head test, of any type and for any use, that can be dreamed up.

Try to argue that point.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I guess it's about time I weigh in with what I use. Drum roll. please.........RIG GREASE

Philbert - just this morning I found a little tube of Rig stainless steel oil, said "harumph" and put it back where I found it. Couldn't remember it at all. Little did I know the cosmic wheels were in motion because I just happened to see that's what you use. I KNOW your double guns ain't stainless - why this over the RIG grease?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Krakow Kid
I KNOW your double guns ain't stainless - why this over the RIG grease?

Krakow, the 'stainless steel oil' isn't for stainless steel; its for when you get it on your hands and wipe'm off on your pants leg, it won't stain your pants...thought everybody knew that...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I also use Neatsfoot oil and beeswax mixture to soak felt overpowder wads for bp percussion revolver. BP doesn't take kindly to petroleum oil.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

A 50/50 mix of Mutton Tallow & Beeswax is supposed to be very good as a Black Powder lubricant, wads, patches, minnies what have you. The Mutton tallow is nowheree near as prone to going Rancid as Hog lard.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK, the thread has suddenly switched to Blackpowder. I'll play along, I have many BP doubles. I've always found just melted bore butter or beeswax and rendered bear fat mixed gives great lubrication. The best ever was the ORIGINAL Lehigh Valley. Truly miraculous stuff, use it as a patch lube or a rust retardent when your gun is put away for awhile. Fantastic, but all good things come to an end. The company was sold and whatever they've been pushing the last couple years AIN'T the same stuff.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. George I stopped wearing that suit of armor YEARS ago. Your info sure coulda helped back in the day, that's fer sure.

Last edited by Krakow Kid; 12/11/10 06:31 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

KK,

Rig Universal grease is tackier and designed more for heavy duty environmental protection where as the +P stainless lube is much slicker while still being highly viscous. The +P lube was designed to prevent metal-to-metal galling that can occur between stainless steel semi-auto slides and guides. Yeah, I know, probably overkill but $5 worth will lube hinge pins for years.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.