June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (CJ Dawe, L. Brown, Ken Georgi, 1 invisible), 187 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,630
Posts547,151
Members14,431
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
ROMAC #218438 02/18/11 11:08 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

romac
I said that my fox book said there were only twelve accounted for . the book also says that as many as 5000 might have been made. sorry for the confusion

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK I took some pictures of the gun and tried for 15 min to figure out how to post them. If some one has instructions or will help post them I will. I can attack them to an email if someone wants to post them for me
thanks for your info so far but no one has put a value on this gun???

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Researcher
George,Another thing is that it is a shame that Mike wasted the better part of a chapter in the book on Baltimore Arms Co. He should have covered the Fox Gun Co., Balto., Md. U.S.A.,

Thanks, Dave. Looks like I managed to make a post on this thread where everything I said was wrong. At least I didn't buy that broke down Baltimore Arms gun I saw at the show!

I can only plead what I read. By the way Dave, I thought you were the one who did the research for McIntosh's Fox book???...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: reddhott2
OK I took some pictures of the gun and tried for 15 min to figure out how to post them. If some one has instructions or will help post them I will. I can attack them to an email if someone wants to post them for me
thanks for your info so far but no one has put a value on this gun???

Try this:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=148935#Post148935

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike
Thanks for the help but I couldn't make heads or tails of photobucket it just sits there and spins no luck for me someone wants pictures give me an email and I will send them I quit on the photo bucket end!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ivory Beads just sold one, for something less than $1395, with a bolt through the head of the stock.

http://www.ivorybeads.com/site/default.asp?Page=54&FSL3_SL_5=Philadelphia+Arms+Co%2E&FSL3_RUNSEARCH=TRUE&FSID3=2264

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes I did quite a bit, but there has been twenty-one years more research since that manuscript went to the publishers. The only chapter of the book Mike sent me for review was the chapter on Ansley's trap shooting career. When the book was due for a second printing I sent Mike six pages of errata, but all the publishers did was add the chapter on CSMC.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike
With the help of my wife I got some pictures of the gun posted. the last picture shows the rear site. If anybody needs a picture of something let me know I will try to post it. I sure need the practice. In my book it says that the grade is on the bottom of the barrel but the only thing I can see on one barrel is what looks like an X.
Let me know what you guys think

Sidelock
Sidelock

Certainly looks to be in the better half of the Philadelphia Arms Co. guns I've seen. Appears to be an A-Grade. Those checkered stock cheeks were not "standard" on the A-Grade, and we often suspect those of covering the repair of a split to the head of the stock.

Is there a seperate forearm for the second set of barrels? How are the barrels numbered? Is there a 2 under the serial number on the second set of barrels? On the forearm?

In A.H. Fox Gun Co. guns if a gun was built from the get go as a two-barrel set, there would be a 1 under the serial number on the primary barrels and forearm and a 2 on the secondary set. If a gun went back to the factory for a second set of barrels, the new barrels and forearm would have the 2, but the original set won't have a 1.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.