Guys,

I thought you might be interested in my recent experiences with Polywad. I've now made three attempts to contact Polywad to provide them feedback and I'll let the forum know if I get an acknowledgment.

In short, I had a mixed case of brand new ammunition with different lot numbers that was between 2-12 weeks old when fired out of numerous different guns. Amongst the ten boxes tested, I had 12 mis-fires due to what I believe to be lack of a powder charge in the shells. I even gave the employees at Polywad the lot numbers on the 2nd contact with them two months ago at which time they promised to call back with an explanation. (no reply received...boss was out of town and may not have even received the first two inquiries)

Each misfire resulted in a barrel obstruction since the only charge was that of the primer pushing the wad up to the point of the choke.

The lots in question were 2.5" Vintager 12 gauge shells in #6 shot and #7.5 shot respectively and were shipped from Polywad on 11/3/2010.

Some of the misfires even took me out of the hunting field and cost me shots on pheasants which only added to my frustrations.

Buyer beware unless Polywad comes forward with a reasonable hypothesis as to why all the failures occurred and a further assurance this was not a systemic failure that effected much greater numbers.