September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (eeb, Hammergun, JulesW, MattH, 3 invisible), 498 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,863
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had the lock of a Kimber in my hands 4-5 yrs ago. It looked great. Not that London kinda quality, but then it was a $4k gun not a $40K gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The sales resistance is enormous.

Would you buy a car made in Turkey?

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson

If I'm not mistaken, the O/U gun is the same of the Kimber Marias... not the CZ. These guns are built in the City of Huglu... but NOT built by the company Huglu.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Turkey as the next Spain. With many of the Spanish makers in trouble, shops in Turkey have will have opportunity to step up and take their place... IF THEIR GUNS ARE ON PAR, QUALITY WISE. Just think, Spain at one time was turning out a lot of junk and that left a lot of shooters with a bad taste in their mouth for Spanish doubles. But, today, Spain is turning out some real gems and their reputation has been, not only saved, but brought to higher levels that its ever been.

Hopefully, someone here has examined these new sidelocks from Turkey. I am sending emails to the company now regarding pricing.

Adam

Thanks Adam. Please post anything you may get on price when it is received. I have seen one of the Smith and Wessons mentioned earlier and found it to be quite impressive for the price. The one I handled was also priced at/about$1K.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson
WOW! Its seems that Turkey is turning out some pretty nice guns these days. In researching the Kimber SXSs and O/Us I found these sidelocks. Judging by the looks of the guns, I think this is same manufacturer that built the Kimbers.

They are all sidelock ejectors. The stocks (Turkish Walnut I guess?) looks great as does the checkering and drop points. The case colors also look beautiful and the overall fit and finish appears to be very good. They also come threaded for thin wall chokes.

Anybody know anything about this maker? Are there any dealers? What are the prices? I'd love to hear anything about them.

http://www.commando-arms.com/

Thanks for your help!

Adam

Color Cased SXS

Color Case O/U

Engraved O/U

Engraved SXS

Blued SXS

Just an FYI... the S x S Sidelock Ejector guns are priced starting at $2249 and the O & U Sidelock Ejector starting at $2799. These are their top-of-the-line guns, they also offer boxlocks, automatics and rifles. This is the same company that built the S & W Elite Gold guns. Here's a direct link to their on-line catalog:
http://www.commando-arms.com/catalog/index.html

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

I spent quite a bit of time with them at the 2010 SHOT Show. I tried to convince them to come to a few side by side events or send me guns to take to those events for folks to look at and shoot.

I've talked to several Turkish companies who make really nice guns. I think they can build better guns than they can market them.

The quality of the guns I handled at SHOT in 2010 were as good as a quality Spanish gun at considerably less money.

I remember in the 60s that there were guys telling me that a 101 Winchester wouldn't last because it was made in Japan. It's true that there are some junk guns that come out of Turkey but junk guns can be built anywhere.

I don't buy new guns but if I were buying a new double, it would almost certainly come from Turkey.

Dick Jones

Sidelock
Sidelock

How about De haan? Where do they fall in this pantheon of homage guns? The few I've seen had two many "cigar wrapper" bands on the barrels and overall a sort of imitation look in the cosmetics. However, when I look at the lock plate inletting, Adam, I wonder if practising an old craft can impose the standards of an old craft? Probably not but it would be nice to think so. I guess you dump in all the crappy "soft" parts you want and it still is at least reminiscent of a Brit.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wild Skies

Just an FYI... the S x S Sidelock Ejector guns are priced starting at $2249 and the O & U Sidelock Ejector starting at $2799. These are their top-of-the-line guns, they also offer boxlocks, automatics and rifles. This is the same company that built the S & W Elite Gold guns. Here's a direct link to their on-line catalog:
http://www.commando-arms.com/catalog/index.html

Interesting - where are you getting prices? The blued boxlock S&W clone looks nice.

I wasn't aware they were building for Webley and Scott, either.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: calebg

Interesting - where are you getting prices?

Directly off their price list that they e-mailed me.

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The prices posted above are correct. I just got the response from the company. And I must say, I am VERY impressed with their prices. If the quality is there, these are probably the best deals going.

I was looking at some used Spanish sidelocks but for the same money (or less in some cases) and I can order a new custom sidelock from this maker. I just wish I could get one in hand to examine!!!!

Have a look at these prices for yourself.

"Prestige" SXS Sidelock 20 or 16ga_____Ejector - $2249_____Extractor - $1999

"Prestige II" O/U 20ga Sidelock Ejector - $2799

"Elite" SXS Boxlock 12,16,20ga_____Ejector - $999_____ Extractor $829

I am not sure of the prices of the guns with more engraving but I hope to find out.

Here is their reply to my first email.

Dear Mr. Adam Stinson,

First of all, thank you for contacting with us and interesting in Komando Av Commando-Arms Ltd products.

At Komando Av Ltd Commando-Arms, we have been developing hunting, shooting shotguns, and equipments in Turkey since 1980. Our Company is both importer & exporter, and producer of shotguns and shot shells.

Please check our online catalog at: http://www.commando-arms.com//catalog/index.html

Of course, we can supply you our products and give you more information if you need. Please find the attached our pricelist and we will have new pricing which will be ready on next month.

Either you can buy the shotguns from us directly if you can give us an Import license which will be approved buy ATF, or we can send you our US partner contact details and you can get the gun from them; but they do not keep a lot of stocks and not all the models are available. I believe to get a license from ATF is not a big deal.

We usually work on customized products, and manufacture the gun in order to our valued customer needs and requests. So, if you can inform us which type of gun you need with specifications if you want, you can fill the below sample form out, and send us back, we can give you more information.

Regarding to payment terms; we accept 50% downpayment of the total amount with your purchase order, and the remaining balance 50% prior to shipment via bank transfer.

If you have any questions, or request further information and prices about our products, please feel free to contact us.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,
--
Sales Department

Last edited by Adam Stinson; 02/26/11 05:32 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Adam, I got the same response as you. I've replied to this e-mail with attached price lists inquiring about their "US partner" so one here in the USA may be able to inspect and handle some of their offerings---I'm awaiting their response.

It should be pointed out that the prices we posted are guns with Grade #3 wood, they also have listed Grades 4 and 5. Grade 5 carries an upcharge of $940 over Grade 3. The pics of the sidelocks you posted appear to my eyes to be upgraded wood---but of course, I could be wrong.

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.