I appreciate the "education" I am getting here... tough as it is. This gun in question is part of a large collection and has been the most difficult to identify. My lack of expertise shows but I did not mean to offend anyone with my enthusiasm. I will continue to research that gun and will report back if I find useful information. As promised, here are images of the Kuchenrueter's - serial #1, #2.

The collection documents say "Delicate, restrained relief carving of the unblemished stocks – high gloss finish, horn capped fullstocks with matching rammers. Silver furniture is flawless and the fire-blued barrels are delicately inlayed with silver with the makers name and hallmarked with Kuchenreuter touch mark in gold. The unfired bbls are 10” and the pistols are 16 ˝ “ overall. A similar brace of Kuchenreuter pistols is in the collection of Her Majesty the Queen of Windsor Castle (lot specimens 379) and noted as examples #205 “Pistols of the World” by Claude Blair.”

I have thus far been unsuccessful confirming the above reference to Her Majesty the Queen collection and I have ordered “Pistol’s of the World.”

I will begin to research this gun as well.