All this discussion only serves (me) to reinforce my using modified chokes for sporting clay competition. It certainly may be interesting, and I would very much like to see indisputable evidence come out of it, but until it does it will all be totally out of my mind when I compete with my 1 1/8 oz. loads of 7 1/2s and 8s, and tight chokes. I can overcome a whole lot of the "if's" with that combination.

I'd rather miss and learn to make the proper correction, which turns the target to dust, than get chipped targets all day. Until that hard data is forthcoming I'll sure take those chips when they occur, tho' smirk.

I have won my class in several large tournaments over the years by one bird. One bird, out of two hundred. One way you keep your head right is by reminding yourself that if you had not stayed focused on every presentation, and not used the right equipment, you might have been in first or second place loser position. You don't EVER allow yourself to think, "Man, I sure am thankful for all those one pellet breaks." Confidence is everything. Thinking about one pellet breaks is counterproductive, for me. I'm glad Don is willing to do it, because I can't afford to.

Stan

Last edited by Stan; 03/15/11 09:25 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.