Originally Posted By: GunPlumber
An earlier poster said it best when he stated that an FFL can add all the extra precautions that he wants. Like it or not, it is up to the FFL to protect his license and business.

My favorite dealer just changed policy where they no longer accept incoming firearms from a non-FFL. I think some of this is cautionary, I think some of it has to do with the Gunbroker, Guns International, etc. sales that they may feel is cutting in on their own business. The time spent transferring that firearm that you bought from someone else takes time away from their own business. After all, it is a business.

As far as the C&R license, it is not an FFL. A C&R license allows you to collect for your own use, not to act as a go between or dealer.

In general, a firearm is considered a C&R if it is 50 years or older. It does not have to be on the published list. If it was originally manufactured in or before March of 1961, it is a C&R based on it's age. And yes, ATF does stay on top of what is and is not.

Antique applies to originally manufactured in or before 1898.

If you fix guns for profit, refinish a stock or re-blue a gun for profit, mount a scope for profit, etc., You have to have an FFL.

uhh a C&R is not an FFL??? News to me mine says it is.Its a 03 FFL for collecting and disposing of guns that are either on the list or over 50 yrs old.

These few dealers that want to put extra hoops to jump through to receive a gun for transfer would be more then happy to steal that double from your widow with no info from her at all !

Hillary For Prison 2018