June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (Der Ami, FlyChamps, Chuckster, Jimmy W), 227 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,513
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Didnt know the fellow, but by the comments here he was obviously a good man. I was instantly a fan when looking at the pics of his shop and the quality of the wares he purveyed. In a selfish way, I hope someone steps in to run the business.

What is it about these old guns that draws us in?
www.firearms4sale.com.au
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack Anthony Puglisi, 69, of Duluth, passed away on Thursday, July 14, 2011, in St. Luke’s hospital.

A full notice with service times will appear in the Sunday edition of the Duluth News Tribune. Arrangements with Bell Brothers Funeral Home, (218) 624-5745.

See this LINK for additional details---

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/204438/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad news the passing of an old friend. Jack and I have known each other for about 37 years. He will be missed by all. I wish all the very best to John in keeping the business going.

John Foster
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack Anthony “Pug” Puglisi, 69, of Duluth, passed away in St. Luke’s hospital surrounded by family and friends Thursday, July 14, 2011.

Jack was born in Minneapolis Dec. 25, 1941, to Joseph and Olive (Akervik) Puglisi. The family moved to Duluth early. Jack attended Denfeld High School, the class of 1960, where he excelled in football.

He went on to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, where he also played football. He finished his college education at the University of Wisconsin-Superior.

Jack married Carol Jean Anderson Oct. 31, 1963. They moved to Florida for a short time, where Jack was under contract as a fullback for the St. Petersburg Blazers. Upon returning to Duluth, Jack embarked on a lifelong entrepreneurial career. He worked for a time at Goldfines, co-founded J&J Auto, founded Puglisi Toyota and operated many other ventures, most notably, Puglisi’s Gun Emporium.

Jack was the patriarch of the family and had a larger-than-life persona. He was charismatic, strong and flamboyant yet kind and caring. He enjoyed playing guitar and singing as well as philosophizing, teaching and helping out his family and friends. His memory will endure.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Joseph and Olive, and sister JoAnne.

Jack is survived by his wife, Carol; son John (Linda) Puglisi of Duluth; daughter Lynn (Brad) Thompson of Duluth; grandchildren Troy, Alyssa, Hannah and Brooke Thompson and Anthony, Maria and Joann Puglisi; as well as many other family members and friends.

VISITATION: 5-7 p.m. Monday, July 18, and and 10 until the 11 a.m. funeral service Tuesday, July 19, in Elim Lutheran Church, 6101 Cody St., with Pastor Jim Hagen officiating. Interment will be at Oneota Cemetery.

To leave a memory of Jack or words of support for the family, please visit www.bellbrothersfuneralhome.com.

Bell Brothers Funeral Home, (218) 624-5745.

See This LINK For More Details-----

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/204480/publisher_ID/36/

waf Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Jack, Bill Jaqua and Conrad Sundeen are a class of gun dealers all by themselves. The best! My buddy Roy Spangler and I will dearly miss Jack.
He called me last month when traveling in Wisconsin, returning home from a long visitation with friends at Silver Dollar, just to say he was sorry he didn't make it to Daytona. I cussed him out because we would have driven across the State to see him had we known he was there. Rest in peace my friend, Wes

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was sad to hear of Jack's passing. I had a long conversation with him a couple of year ago when a friend of mine wanted to sell a Westey Richards 318. Jack made me a fair offer but the owner of the gun turned it down.
I then said I always thought of Jack as my hero, when he bought the Czar's Parker by bidding a sum so high it stunned the attendees at the Julia auction.
He laughed at that. I wish I had attended that auction!
RIP, Jack, we will miss you
Mike

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.