All of the economic data says the average household is intentionally spending less and saving more, due to "economic uncertainty." Bank savings deposits are way up, and consumers are paying down their credit card balances. Home sales are slow, even at reduced prices. New car sales are also lower.

Gun shop owners tell me their new gun sales are way off, and the remaining sales are mostly CCW weapons. They say shotguns
and hunting rifles sales are very slow. That makes some sense, as most people don't truly need another shotgun -- and can easily wait until next year, ot the year after. Some on this board have estimated that prices of quality used SxS's have dropped 25%+.

So....

1. Have your long gun purchases diminished in the past 12 to 18 months? Intentionally?

2. Are you more likely to purchase another (un-needed) shotgun when the stock market and your IRA/401k are going up?

3. Has the supposed decrease in SxS prices tempted you to buy something you might have passed by two years ago?

Personally, I have only purchased one new shotgun in the past two years, whereas I probably averaged at least two purchases annually before that.

Comments?

Jerry