Originally Posted By: Rookhawk
Jerry, my comments:

1. No, they've gone up. I've noticed a major boom in the sales and pricing of premium "black guns" such as FN SCAR17s, Robinson Arms, HK416s, etc. Regardless of the economy, some people are buying them either because they believe a ban is coming, personal security is needed, or prices are rising.

Resp:I fully expect to see a glut of black rifles after next years elections.

2. I've initially had to sell guns in the down economy due to different chapters in my family life with health insurance, bills, etc. However, I will be inclined to purchase a very premium gun for myself in the coming months because things are hitting the market today that were not available a couple years ago. "Family guns" and prized possessions that are best guns keep appearing on the market at low prices so the collectors are jumping in.

Resp: If a gun is priced right and If I want it or I can buy it and flip it I will do so.

3. No. But the buying power has gone up. I used to buy boxlocks, now I can afford sidelocks at the same price.

Resp: Not enough double sales action in my area to answer this.

Just my take on the market. I'm sure others will have different opinions.

Overall opinion: I think a lot of responses wil depend upon where someone's located and of course what their current financial situation my be. I suspect age is also a consideration.

Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 08/31/11 01:15 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.