June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (eeb, gil russell, SKB, Tripplebeards, Hugh Lomas), 228 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,176
Members14,431
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#244194 09/16/11 02:25 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi guys, I've waited until we were sure after my oncologist meeting today.

My PET scan from Monday shows that sadly the cancer has decided to go up to top gear. I have tumours in my lung (which is 2.5cm in 4 months), pelvis, groin, leg, back, bottom...you name it. It's growing very fast and I've only now got the option to stay alive through chemo. Which starts in just after a week. I go on a partridge shoot with just my wife next Friday/Saturday at Ripley castle and we intend to enjoy it. It will most likely be my last/first there!

I've grown very fond of this forum and the people that frequent it. I intend to be posting as long as I can. I must sell some guns but I'm going to try and finish my Grant pair so that I can leave them to my lovel 10 year old son.

We are gutted. My wife besides herself. I'm doing all I can to make sure my life cover premiums pay before I go which they have both said they will.

I feel I'm cheating my family but I will remain strong for them although privately it's tearing me apart.

Sorry to thrust this upon people but I didn't want to just disappear without hide or hare.

All the best,
Regards,
Tony

PS I'll keep the chemo pumping and we just hope it'll halt my aggressive Sarcoma for as long as possible. They say average 12 months. I fully intend to go further but I guess I've got 0-12 on the bell curve.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You are in our prayers Tony always, from this household to yours daily........

God Bless You and Your Beautiful Family My Good Man.......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

tony,
if ever i need an inspiration in life i think of you.
words seem inadequate,but god bless.
bill
mrwmartin

NA
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,
You and your family are on my mind and in my heart and prayers. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was reading just today in TLS that "Grief is perhaps our most secretive emotion, and making it public is an act of courage."

I have no words or wisdom to help you through this because there are none. It seems there is only the passionate need for caring which we all have for you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,
I am so, so sorry to hear this. You are an inspiration not only as a craftsmen but as a husband, father and man. Our prayers will continue. Please continue to fight. Chemo certainly won't be pleasant but I pray it kills the cancer. It did with my father.
Phil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

I do not know you personally but I enjoy your posts. Hope and best wishes to you and your family from the Kansas prairie. God Bless...

Phil

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

Saying "I'm sorry" just seems inadequate. I wish we could all be closer to you and give you the kind of personal support that you and your family should have. Just know that we all praying for you!

Doug

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony
I've not had the privilege to meet you either; but have always enjoyed reading your posts, as you are one of the most knowledgeable members here. Obviously no one has words that adequately express our collective concerns and condolences to anyone facing the gravity of your situation; but I'll ad your name, and your family to my prayer list, and I can pray for a miracle. In the interim I encourage you to stay positive, and do all that is within your power to fight for recovery; and do not hesitate to ask us for anything other than thoughts and prayers that we can provide. Best regards, Tom Archer

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony
Enjoy your life to the fullest.

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.