Originally Posted By: Michael Petrov
"Seems like RJK would have at least marked it originally if it was his. He wasn't shy about signing his work, even if it was just a floorplate for a rifle"

I would say that Kornbrath marked less then 0.5% of his work, maybe even less than that.

Perhaps,,but that number may have come about from all the work attributed to him,,but not necessarily done by him.

Look at all the work that's 'attributed' to Nimschke. It's not enough that he signed alot of his work, but the experts have given him even more entrys for his work book by attributing work to his hand.
His style isn't hard to do,,most any start up engraver in the US begins withat least a version of it. Many engravers of the day cut it also. As now, there are some very talented yet somewhat or totally unknown names doing fantastic work.

Even the late Lynton McKenzie who had a style most recognizable to his hand, suffered from copycats while he was still with us. It angered him that his signiture style was being taken and used by others. But it's just another cut and can be learned by an engraver,,the quality of the finished product depends on each individual of course.
There were/are more signed Lynton McKenzie guns out there than the fellow could have ever done in his short lifetime.

Where there's money to be made.,,,
Believe me,,I've seen both sides of it.