I am looking semi-seriously at a rifle in the Rock Island Auction in December. Their on-line catalog offers scant information on a 100 yr old gun (esp, no mention of the bore). They don't have great pictures in most instances.

So, while this is not a high dollar rifle, I still hate to buy what will not work for what I wish to do. I have asked them questions about the bore and a few other issues but I have never bought from these guys before so I'm looking for info about how much I can trust what I can't read (ie., things that are not mentioned up front) and things might tell me about the rifles condition.

In my only dealing with them, I inquired about selling a double rifle. They shot me a price that was exceedingly low and I later sold that rifle here in the classifieds for about 3.5 times what they quoted. Are they often so far off and in that direction with their estimates?

I appreciate honest opinions based on experience. If you feel uncomfortable posting here, please send me a PM or an email at brentd@iastate.edu and your comments will go no further.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]