Originally Posted By: buzz
Scotty: Your Grade IV Superposed is very nice. You are right, your custom stock is magnificent. One thing though, even a fine boxlock superposed like yours is significantly cheaper to restock than a sidelock by at least $2-4K. The Grade IV, germanic 'fox and hound' is my favorite and I believe one of the rarest. Funken engraved? Very nice gun!

Buzz, alas, you are correct, I was not thinking along the lines of a deeply inletted and intricate sidelock. I can see where those would really raise the stockmaker's price. A simple boxlock is much cheaper. Glad I learned a new perspective today.
Yes, my Grade IV Superposed is signed by Funken on both sides, that is why I bought it, even though it was restocked with a flat knob and owner's initials in the grip cap with a rubber butt pad. Now it is returned to it's original glory. And yes, Schwing states that the American's didn't really like the Germanic influence on the "Foxes and Dogs" so it was discontinued, much like the "Pointer" grade was discontinued.

Scotty