Pachmyr hasn't existed as a gunsmithing shop in many many years. I don't know exactly when it really went away, but the traditional shop probably dispersed when they moved out of the 1220(? from memory) Grand address in Los Angeles, which seems to me was in the mid '80s. I was in my twenties then and visited the store around then a few times as it was only a half hour drive. It was a dusty, musty store that had past its hayday by then. It still had some exotic guns displayed but seemed to be less focused on walk-in customers by then. I think they were purchased by a larger corporation around then, primarily for their grip and recoil pad products I heard, and they also took over the lease at the Whittier Narrows "International Trap and Skeet Range" around that time. They had a Pasadena store for a while and also a shop somewhere around Monrovia, CA which I had do some work in the late '80s.

I believe Les Pitman was part of the last shop under the Pachmyr banner and he is still doing work out of his shop/residence in Phelan, CA.

But for a full restoration, I would pick someone that specializes in that work and possibly someone that specializes in your make of gun.

Last edited by Chuck H; 12/30/11 12:41 PM.