September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (FelixD, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 184 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,921
Posts550,737
Members14,459
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keep fighting Tony best wishes to you and your family

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are times in everyone's life when something constructive is born out of adversity... you took your life by the shoulders and gave it a good shake. You did not dwell on misfortune you moved ahead. Your wife and family are the better for it, as are we.

You are surmounting the dragons and have acquire the strength and inspiration to continue forward. More power to you.
Keep up the good fight Tony.
"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Best Wishes for the New Year.

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

I too will pray for you Tony, but I sure won't write you off because I know a number of folks who aren't supposed to be here, yet they are. Glad to hear you plan to keep on fighting.

As you've shared some of the details of your illness and treatment with us, I've been amazed that you've had the strength and determination to begin and complete a number of projects at such a high level of quality. What's been fantastic is how you have been so willing to share your techniques with us. It's also very inspiring to see how you're passing on your love of guns and shooting to your kids. These are legacies that will live on and on.

Keep punching Tony, we're pulling for you... and looking forward to having you around for a long time.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

We have all sinned and come short of the Glory of God.

Jesus died a cruel death on a Roman cross for all of us.

We cannot save ourselves!

We can only be redeemed by recognizing our situation as sinners, seeking forgiveness for that sin and accepting Christ as saviour.

I beg you, pray to God, using the above sentence as a basis for your personal prayer and seek Gods forgiveness.

Sidelock
Sidelock

God love you, Tony. You've made quite an impression on me, and shown more character than I think I coulddredge up out of myself. Keep fighting. Take on a couple new projects, just because. And because sitting around doing nothing but navel-gazing at the illness does nothing to beat it and everything to help it win.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dear Tony,

Take comfort in the great legacy of word and deed you have given to your family and all of us; a shining light in a sometimes dark place!

I wish you the courage to go on and some measure of peace along the journey; you have lived and and will still live.

My heartfelt thanks and sincere hope,

Clair Kofoed

Last edited by C. Kofoed; 01/01/12 03:39 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you everyone. I'm very touched by all of the wonderful words. I REALY appreciate it.

I've just finished the Blanch and posted some pictures of it. I will try and find another project after the replies to this post encouraged me to do so. Roy your offer is very kind and I do take it seriously but I cannot accept your kind off. Thank you though.

I'll see what I can dig out of Francis Lovels. smile

A huge thank you again. I nearly didn't post because I wasn't sure I should bother everyone here with my health problems but on the other hand I did want people to know what was going on with me. I will do my best to support my family whilst I am here and leave whatever legacy I can when I am not.

Warmest regards,

Tony

Sidelock
Sidelock

A friend who has problems is never a bother, Tony. Please keep us posted.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,
Don't give up the fight. As you know, my dear wife died last summer during her fight with cancer. However, it was the chemo that directly caused her death, not cancer. I still believe that Gail ultimately could have beaten cancer. People sent home to die can and do beat cancer. Yes it's uncommon, but then again you're definitly an uncommon guy. When you get right down it cancer is nothing more than a mutated gene run amuck. If the human body can make a mistake, it can also correct that mistake. Make a New year resolution to believe in yourself and your bodies ability to repair itself.
And for your own sake keep up the gun projects and keep your mind active. Don't let cancer take away the things you love to do.
Happy New Year Tony.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm surprised at your energy turned toward completing projects. God bless and hang tough.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.