Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Martin, this may help a bit on your last question. I have roughly a dozen original contracts between Anson/Deeley, Westley Richards, Mr. Couchman, and other makers such as W C Scott, Bentley and Playfair, Charles Osborn, etc licensing the use of various patents, starting with the A and D patent of 1875 . Some of these require the licensee to deliver the various guns or rifles made with these patents to the licensor for inspection and approval. I think at this point, the guns or rifles would have been marked by the licensor. At least that is my impression reading the handwritten contracts. I would assume their might be a similar arrangement made if guns and rifles were made in Belgium, France, or ?? , but logistics would possibly prohibit sending the guns or rifles to the licensor. It sounds like the use mark numbers were the requirements of the licensor, and not a government requirement.

Hi Daryl,

that is most interesting information! And yes, this answer my question quiet well. So you have roughly a dozen of original contracts between WR and some licensees?? Wow. How did you get them? I’d be most interested to see at least one of them.

Regards

Martin

Last edited by sauerfan; 01/11/12 12:51 PM.