As noted upthread, this gun has been on GB for quite a while - at least one and perhaps two years. Also as noted, this is a gun very well suited to use in the thick, for those who like light and short. I think it's still overpriced, even at the reduced price. (As a side note, about a month ago a friend invited me grouse hunting over a couple dogs he's rehabbing and insisted I use his 24 inch barrel Browning 20 ga O/U. In the tangles of bittersweet and multiflora rose we worked, it was a very manageable gun.)

Now, as to the French thing some have expressed. I regularly use a prewar 16 ga French sxs, 27.5 inch barrels. It's a light, solid, and very well made gun. It handles perfectly in grouse and woodcock coverts and carries well all day. I bought it ($500) from the son of the GI who took it as his trophy from a barn in the Norman countryside in the summer of '44. Most of the older (prewar) French guns I've seen have some problem or other with pitted barrels (mine doesn't - I held out for a gun without pitting problems), which I attribute to corrosive primers in a relatively damp climate and perhaps a less-than-assiduous approach to cleaning. The craftsmanship I've seen has been uniformly very good or better, and the design, fit and finish excellent.

I also own and use a German gun (RWTF, I'm looking at you ... ), a Simson 12 ga sxs, and it works perfectly well for small game, too. It's just a different gun.

I think it's fair to say that we here in the USofA don't know quite enough about French guns b/c they never really tried to make a dent in our market (unlike, say, the Belgians) or b/c not enough came home as trophies (unlike the German guns picked off piles after May 8 '45). But that does not mean the French guns are not excellent guns.

As to this one: I'll pass - de gustibus. I'm not fond of the ribless design.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent