Originally Posted By: mike campbell
I hate to be the language police here, but sometimes it matters. I own a few custom upgrades but I don't own what I would call a restoration.

Nor, of the three beautiful Foxes pictured in this thread, would I call any of them a restoration, as in "having been brought back to its original condition.".

FWIW. I'd be proud to own all of them and certainly don't think "refurbished and upgraded" is in any way disparaging.

I'm no expert (in anything) but I tried to do a restoration to my Fox. No change, just a return to as close to factory new as I understood it to be. CCH, not cyanide because that's what I thought was done at the time (1909-1910), re-blue and re-finish the original stock and forearm.

I don't have any problem with upgrades or refurbishing either and I'm not about to enter the Fox in a "best resto ever contest" but that was my intention, to bring it back to original condition, not to change it.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/07/12 07:14 PM. Reason: date correction

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia