ROMAC, I have a Masquelier catalog, no date, but I think it may be older than the 60's. In French, English, and German mostly, some pages only French and Italian. (It's a copy.) Shows a variety of models, hammer and hammerless, including the Superbritte (as Pete suggested). Doverham, my catalog shows several scalloped boxlocks, but none with the scalloping quite like that shown on your Robin Hollow gun. There are a lot of sideplated boxlocks, a la Francotte.

I also have an article by the late Don Zutz on Masquelier, from Shotgun Sports magazine. It's included in a book of his articles called "Grand Old Shotguns". Re American importers, Zutz writes: "Some of the Masquelier guns, both side by sides and over and unders, were handled by various American importers, especially the major New York City gun merchants, during the pre-WWII era." He then refers to the Daly "Commander" OU's as being Masqueliers. He also suggests that the Belgian-made guns marketed by Stoeger as Zephyrs immediately before and after WWII may have been Masqueliers. Comparing photos between the Masquelier catalog and a 1940 Shooters Bible, I can't say for certain that he's correct, but there are definitely very close resemblances.

Last edited by L. Brown; 02/10/12 09:49 AM.