September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (ithaca1, dukxdog, bushveld, eeb, azgreg, 1 invisible), 306 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,924
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stupidly crude rejoinder to my saying only what it makes ME think of. You've obviously never seen or handled a 21 like mine, but like to spout off anyway.

Hmmm, rereading this, guess I was a sucker for a troll.

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 02/14/12 12:37 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie
My 28" 16 ga. with pretty wood, straight grip, splinter and solid rib makes me think of handling Doutzen Kroes. smile

Doutzen Kroes

I'm with LeFusil, just don't see the comparison.

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Rockdoc
My 28" 16 ga. with pretty wood, straight grip, splinter and solid rib makes me think of handling Doutzen Kroes. smile

Doutzen Kroes

I'm with LeFusil, just don't see the comparison.

Steve

I can't see any comparison with a splinter forearm but maybe with the beaver.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stupidly crude rejoinder to my saying only what it makes ME think of. You've obviously never seen or handled a 21 like mine, but like to spout off anyway.

I think you just mis-took some good natured kidding with trolling. But you are right. They obviously don't know anything about double guns.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

I think you just mis-took some good natured kidding with trolling. But you are right. They obviously don't know anything about double guns.

Best,

Mike

True that. We're talking about double guns here, not your Mama GF Charlie, chill out. Me a troll? Hardly sucka. I actually thought my comparison between the 21 to Kathy Bates and Glenn Close was quite comical, but then again I like the movie "Semi-Pro" and everybody else hates it. Hmmmm. Would it be more palatable to you 21 lovers if I compared the 21 to...lets say...Pam Grier?? Ok, the 21 is like Pam Grier, everybody feel better now? Not early 70's Pam Grier though, nowadays Pam Grier. laugh Everybody happy now?

Best,
Dustin

Sidelock
Sidelock

No--the 21 is Anjelica Huston in Lonesome Dove. I'll take that.

h
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Would it be more palatable to you 21 lovers if I compared the 21 to...lets say...Pam Grier?? Ok, the 21 is like Pam Grier, everybody feel better now? Not early 70's Pam Grier though, nowadays Pam Grier.

More like Rosey Grier in the 12 gauge.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

Best,

Mike

True that. We're talking about double guns here, not your Mama GF Charlie, chill out. Me a troll? Hardly sucka. I actually thought my comparison between the 21 to Kathy Bates and Glenn Close was quite comical, but then again I like the movie "Semi-Pro" and everybody else hates it. Hmmmm. Would it be more palatable to you 21 lovers if I compared the 21 to...lets say...Pam Grier?? Ok, the 21 is like Pam Grier, everybody feel better now? Not early 70's Pam Grier though, nowadays Pam Grier. laugh Everybody happy now?

Best,
Dustin

Missed the good natured part.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

I never heard of Doutzen Kroes but she looks nice. And here is the nub, I have read all the stuff about an M21 not coming off face after X 1000 rounds while the Purdey was destroyed. This seems like creating a solution for a non existent problem.(and ruining something beautiful) Lets exclude turkeys and slugs which I know you chaps in the States hunt and use respectively. Unless you are competetive live pigeon shooting what do you want to shoot more than an ounze and an eighth for ? For the money you guys pay for one of these you could buy a nice mid war Westley droplock ! (which has similar lines to the girl above wink
best, Mike p.s. had a nice email from a member of this forum earlier today who moved stateside 30 years ago, he was just about to tuck into a steak and kidney pie he had made for himself with good colemans mustard

Sidelock
Sidelock

As much as I like 21s I cannot defend their aesthetics. I particularly dislike factory engraving patterns.

But shooting them, range or field, is another matter. For some, looking good missing will never be entirely satisfactory. The first time I shot a M-21 trap gun was a revelation. All that "you can't shoot trap with a SXS" went out the window on the first try. I actually think I'd do better with a 21 trap vs a M-12. Oh well, an academic question.

To compare a 12 ga M-21 skeet or field gun to a Brit 2.5" game gun is silly. The 20 ga M-21 skeet compares better and, in many cases, is as MOI-fast as the Brit 12. With 1 oz loads it will bring home as many birds, too. And it will probably hold up better if shot frequently at the range. But who does that?

And those with "square load" stamped somewhere in the subconscious will not be able to do as well with a 20 ga M-21 as with the "balanced" 2.5" 12. That tall shot column gets in the head. Or you can choose not to think about it.

Nice to have options, else the world would be a boring place.

The linked gun did better than I thought. I suppose the market must be wrong........

Sam

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.