Originally Posted By: Montana
This is only a maybe, but consider whether or not the following is possible:

If your original transport over for your own use included a box suitable for shipping, have your agent put the items in such box. Meanwhile, go on UPS or similar and use a credit card to pay to obtain a shipping label from yourself at his address to yourself at your address. Fax it to your agent to be affixed to the box. Have your agent take the boxed items, which he has hopefully never touched to the appropriate depot.

You need to be the person who puts the shippable items in your agent's hands.

As if you had shipped guns to a shooting venue and then set them up to be returned to you, for example.

Otherwise, you have to go be your own agent and hop in the car.

That is what I thought and was trying to confirm.

As to using a FFL to handle transfer on receiving end if I decided to sell it; Absolutely and never thought of doing otherwise. Question on that was more related to legal requirements specific to a handgun of having to use local FFL to send it to the receiving FFL as opposed to sending it myself to the transfer FFL for the a new buyer to complete transaction/NICS/etc.

Answer to that would appear to be that it is no different to shipping a longarm directly to out of state FFL for transfer to buyer (same as a rifle/shotgun as stated in ATF FAQ). I do understand that different common carriers have their own additional rules regarding the actual shipping of handgun and individual states/jurisdictions may impose even more restrictions (Especially NJ).

Obviously the specific FFL there has enhanced the rules for his own business. There are other FFLs in the immediate area so I should be able to find a more reasonable one who would obviously still follow all the rules if I someone out there wanted to buy it.
-

Courtesy of a WOMBAT
* (Waste Of Money Brains And Talent)

YMMV