Bean's does sell some good stuff in their hunting catalog, but the prices are never competitive. I've been wearing a pair of their kangaroo leather upland boots for about ten years now; just had to replace the original soles with Vibrams (we still have a great local shoe maker and fixer. From Guatemala.). Got them 1/2 price at the store because they were "blemished"! (Apparently that means that leather ain't plastic.)

But of course now that I'm back in CA, the 'roo leather is illegal, so I have to keep an eye out for the Leather Police when I'm hunting. Sweet Baby Heysoos! What next? Fingernail Police? ("Dude, those jobs are over 1/16"--have to ticket you.... public menace! We'll do a lab screen on 'em too. Might be a germ in there. WMD!).

BTW, the only time to go to the Beans home store is about 4am, prior to hunting or fishing. No tourist buses full of lardasses from NJ or skinny guys with bazookameras from Osaka! The folks that are "on" then may actually have walked off the blacktop a time or two....

Last edited by Mike A.; 03/03/12 11:43 AM.