June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Licensed to kill, Hugh Lomas), 246 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,630
Posts547,168
Members14,431
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
nca225 #271412 03/19/12 11:51 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's a good bit more available, you just have to look.

Follow up on some of the referencs, educate yourself a bit, and you may come to the conclusion as I did that man-caused climate change is a hoax.

http://sciencespeak.com/MissingSignature.pdf

If you depend on a consensus of 'scientists' for your knowledge, you might become somewhat disillusioned if you research a bit of nonsense called Lambda Cold Dark Matter Cosmology, aka 'Big Bang' theory. People BELIEVE this crap, and have built entire careers on trying to support it. There continues to be not a shred of actual physical evidence in favor of it.

I expect in a few dozen years both anthropomorphic climate change and big-bang cosmology will be just footnotes in history as we move on to our next fallacies.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
RHD45 #271417 03/19/12 12:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
I love it. All you need is one article from one professor, and the consensus of the world's climate scientists is debunked.

That's not "one article from one professor", it's an assembly of provable facts in one location, demonstrating that the earth's temperature has been changing throughout it's existence. As well, there is not a consensus.

Like shotgunjones, I'm not in favour of pollution, but that is not what the global warming alarmists are on about.

My biggest beefs with "global warming" are that it takes away attention and funds from other, far more impactful attacks on real sources of pollution and loss of diversity of habitat throughout the world as well as spreading the unsupportable idea that the temperature trends being noticed, are man made in nature.

Climate scientists can't get the forecast right for a month from now in any local area. What makes you think they are getting this right.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
RHD45 #271423 03/19/12 12:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your standing by a minority position, which is fine. The majority position is that climate change is happening and it is being manipulated by human activities.

The protestations of a minority position with regard to climate change does not overcome the position of the rest of the world's scientific community. There is no conspiracy here, just science, that has a sound methodology to it.

The same methodology that split the atom and took men to the moon, landed them and brought them back again. The same methodology that allowed us to put a spy satellite in orbit over mars and photograph our rovers there.

Using the same methodology, the vast majority of scientists that researched the issue are concluding that climate change is happening and it is being manipulated by human activities. I trust that.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
nca225 #271428 03/19/12 12:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guess I'm out of ideas here.

The posted 'sciencespeak' link clearly shows that international public policy is being driven by fraudulent claims.

Time will tell. I well remember working at a gas station (mostly outside) during the winters of 1976 and 1977. The newspaper articles then referred to the obvious approaching ice age.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
nca225 #271429 03/19/12 12:59 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

....the vast majority of scientists that researched the issue are concluding that climate change is happening and it is being manipulated by human activities. I trust that.

So, what are you doing about it, and why isn't it enough. Can't you give up a little more both in money and carbon dioxide production. Or, is this another example of, turn it over to the government, they can tax the masses. Let the celebrities jet off to climate change summits, and dictate to the peasants. Why don't you step up and educate on the value of necessarily skyrocketing the energy costs of the poor and uneducated.

RHD45 #271430 03/19/12 01:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

My mower is a burro...It was 53 degrees here this morning...

craigd #271436 03/19/12 01:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

....the vast majority of scientists that researched the issue are concluding that climate change is happening and it is being manipulated by human activities. I trust that.

So, what are you doing about it, and why isn't it enough. Can't you give up a little more both in money and carbon dioxide production. Or, is this another example of, turn it over to the government, they can tax the masses. Let the celebrities jet off to climate change summits, and dictate to the peasants. Why don't you step up and educate on the value of necessarily skyrocketing the energy costs of the poor and uneducated.

I drive a small compact car with low emissions and I recycle. When I am in a position to refurbish my heating system, I have passive solar designs I would like to implement along with changing to a low emission fuel source such a NG. But thats in the future still. I am not in control of the world such that I can implement and enforce policy to address our part in climate change. But what little I do, is done in the right direction.

I dont suppose you have any efforts that you can speak of which I find somewhat revealing. You always cry about our Government writing checks the next generation will be burdened with and have to come good on, yet you ignore the crisis that climate change is going to present. That is a very big check that will greatly burden future generations whom will not be so apt to recover from.

But hey, if it doesn't affect you, why bother?

Last edited by nca225; 03/19/12 01:22 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
RHD45 #271438 03/19/12 01:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

LD

I'm going to have to come down and get out of the heat up here. 84 in Fort Wayne tomorrow.

Shotgunjones

Same job and timeframe at my uncle's service station in Livonia. I remember those articles. Had a picture of me on on snow bank that was as tall as the roof.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
Guess I'm out of ideas here.

The posted 'sciencespeak' link clearly shows that international public policy is being driven by fraudulent claims.

Time will tell. I well remember working at a gas station (mostly outside) during the winters of 1976 and 1977. The newspaper articles then referred to the obvious approaching ice age.

The problem here shotgunjones, is one of rationality vs belief. And we can't change the mind of true believers of man-made climate change anymore than change the mind of religious zealots because that is what they are, zealots and facts be damned.

I too remember the hysterical warnings of the coming ice age, as well as the Group of Rome declaring the world would have run out of food by now. There are always chicken littles running around, extrapolating out in to the future, as though their extrapolations are fact.

I find it funny, although sad, the unadulterated hated and derision exhibited by the left for the christian fundamentalists in the US today and yet so many of them engage in the same type of FAITH based beliefs. Like so many fundamentalists everywhere, they insist the rest of us believe along with them.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
RHD45 #271451 03/19/12 03:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"I find it funny, although sad, the unadulterated hated and derision exhibited by the left for the christian fundamentalists in the US today and yet so many of them engage in the same type of FAITH based beliefs. Like so many fundamentalists everywhere, they insist the rest of us believe along with them."

Your are confusing two very different things, faith and science. You can bank on science, not so with faith.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.