I've glance back thru the thread and some other info and it sure looks like the sporting weapons that wear the A&D Brevet/Patent permission use/Action Patent Use Number stamp have ties to either Charles Daly or Auguste Francotte and have upper & lower pins/screws. I was looking for some info on Jan Novotny(1839-1893), who Dr. Vladimir Dolinck gives as the nephew of Mathias Novotny, and found 3 DR examples supplied to King William III and the details can be found in DGJ Winter 2006 at page 47 and DGJ Spring 2007 at page 55. Serial numbers are 6437, 6457 & 6495 and I assume to be that of Novotny's. They all are very similar with carbon copies for safety slides and Westley Richards leverwork or broad toplevers that interfaces with the doll's head; pretty much clones at a glance. Novotny #6457 has some Belgian proofs as well as Auguste Francotte's stamp on each flat. The other 2 have stamps similar to the early Ferlach stamps prior to the Austro-Hungarian proof rules. But Novotny #6457 has upper & lower pins and has the inverted Anson & Deeley Patent stamp with permission use #1002 while neither of the other very similar DRs has an upper screw or the Action Patent Use Number. I'm fairly confident that the mechanics at Ferlach sourced the Belgians for tubes or the tubeset and then J. Novotny acquired them in the white state at the very least. Here we have 3 Novotny DR examples supplied to the same client with the only difference is the version with the upper pin which in turn has the Anson & Deeley Patent(not Brevete) permission use number. So the question in my mind is why wouldn't the combo on the upper & lower scears not pair with the A&D permission use number and Auguste Francotte having a satellite permission use stamping station.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse