Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Originally Posted By: MarkOue
If a Type 1 FFL licencee won't accept my FFL Type C&R then I spend my money elsewere. This is a gun buyer's market!

Mark

And IMO This should be made perfectly clear to outfits like Cabalas.
Jim
You really think Cabela's give a Big Rats Ass- they are the GM of retail and mail order sporting goods, and like Gander Mt.- are way past "By the Book" on FFL paperwork and the 4473 and the "Stevie Nicks" checky-checky. They are going to build a second store, as big as the one in Dundee, MI in the Kent County (Walker Twp) MI area and will be open by Sept 2013- Gun Library and all-- They take what we 'Nam vets have learned to call the "My Lai" syndrome- there is no 'grey" area in between--case in point- I have a valid MI CCW with my photo, a valid MI driver's license and also a vaild passport (a must nowadays for going into Canada)-- I can buy any legal longgun from other area dealers- Silver Bullet on Division, Al and Bob's on Division, Bachelder Master Gunmakers on MI and Fuller, Bob's Gun and Tackle on M-37 in Hastings- and by showing my CCW and my Driver's license, the sale is automatically cleared- no call in data- no BS 4473 to fill out, no Stevie Nix check--BUT not so at Gander Mt. I recently bought a "as is" Baker 12 Batavia Special from one of the two GM outlets in Grand Rapids--No such sit rep there- I had to fill out the 4473, show my ID, wait for the Nix check to clear (nice to be a Honorably Discharged Vet without any criminal record, not eve a speeding ticket- but I digress-- stores like GM and Cabelas pay their help just above the minimum wage level- they don't have the time to invest in a training program due to the turn-over you get when you try to buy good help "on the cheap"--so they use the "My lai" approach and "over-kill" and while they were doing my checky-check and retired GRPD Det. came in, with a valid CCW like mine- and bought a used S&W snubbie- guess what- they did the same 4473 and Stevie nicks on him- i watched the whole process- Un-^%$#&*(-believable, but as they say- "Live it, or live with it"!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..