Mr. Stabler:
I do not believe that I have missed anyone's point "entirely." I do think some of you have not read what I wrote carefully. I wrote that I do not agree with using assault rifles as a sporting arm. For me, they come short of what I feel is "fair chase." I never said anything about outlawing them, in fact, I said just the opposite. I deliberately tried to steer clear of the constitutional issues with gun control. I know the Second Amendment does not provide the privilege to possess any weaponry immaginable, enough said.

I do not remember accusing anyone of being a "Rambo wannabee." I did use some similarly figurative language to describe how some of the hunters I meet in the woods today appear to me, but I do not see any accusations being made towards anyone, unless, you possibly felt that my colorful description was a match. I am pretty sure that this did not happen.

At best, I regret jumping in to this fray. As I said earlier, I am a lifelong hunter, I may not agree with some of you on everything, but I am still a hunter. I should have remembered that when this board gets away from shotguns, it becomes a less friendly place.

Best regards,
Ed Pirie
West Topsham, Vermon