Originally Posted By: AkMike1
BEWARE! CAUTION! BEWARE!!!
This one has been reported as a fake seller at several sites. Check out the ConMan thread at NE.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=206041&an=0&page=0#Post206041

Thanks, Mike. You lads in the 49th State are "on the ball". My first tip was the Ernst Rohm SS business- Rohm was SA and died before the remnants of his "Brown Shirts" were morphed in the even more infamous SS. The two lightning bolts- Runes-- were normally not used in SA insignia, but of course, there are always exceptions. I would very much love to own a Sauer 12 ga. Luftwaffe issue drilling with aluminum case, instructions, survival maps and currency for the pilots. There was a 'Knights code of chivalry" between the Allied Pilots and the Luftwaffe, both in WW1 and WW11, even though they were combatants in the skies. My first wife's uncle Jack was a 1st. Lt.and a navigator on a Flying Fortress,and was shot down in early 1944 during the raids on the Polesti oil refineries in Rumania.

Like my late father-in-law, he also grew up speaking both German and English- the entire crew parachuted and were captured alive and sent to a Stalag (Stockade) under the command of a Luftwaffe Oberst (Full Colonel)- It wasn't any Hogan's heroes, but they were treated by the Germans according to the Geneva convention.

As Jack never let on to the Germans that he could understand what they were saying, and he was assigned to be an orderly in the C.O.'s office, he overheard the C.O. tell a Gestapo officer to go to hell, he wasn't turning any prisoners of the Jewish faith over to the Gestapo--Not every German in WW11 was a hard core Nazi--most were decent people whose Country suffered great economic hardships after WW1, and in their desperation, hitched their star to a meglomanic and his henchmen!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 04/05/12 07:53 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..