Raimey, Mr. R E Couchman seems to represent Anson and Deeley, and later in 1877, Anson only, when contracting the use of the various Anson or Anson and Deeley patents in contracts with Westley Richards in June of 1876, and Dec. of 1877. Couchman also represents the Patentees in a Nov. 1879 patent use agreement with Charles Osborn. Finally for Couchman, I see him signing for the Patentees with the exclusive U.S. manufacturing rights with Harrington and Richardson in Feb. 20, 1880. Late in the 1880s, I see the licensing agreements for the Anson and Deeley patents to Scott, Bentley and Playfair, and several others all signed by Westley Richards. I cannot pinpoint when Westley Richards took over the licensing of the Patents in their own name.

Each gun made with the patents by Westley Richards and also Harrington Richardson was to be marked with an A and D number starting with No. 1. Others were marked with an unspecified numbering system. It seems , in the case of Harrington and Richardson, the use number was also the serial number.

Last edited by Daryl Hallquist; 04/09/12 11:32 PM.