Poured myself a nice tot o'Bushmills last night and watched the 1958 Limey production "A Night To Remember"-- have a slight kinship to that tragedy- my great-grandfather (maternal side) Seamus was a ship's millwright with Harlan & Wolff in Belfast- he worked on the RMS Olympic until mid-1910, then left with family for NYC to seek his fortune in America. He was a fearsome bare knuckles pugilist, died of a heart attack in late 1916 (my maternal grandmother Rose always said it was because of the Easter Sunday "business" back in Ireland--

The 1958 movie didn't have all the "romantic byline' of the James Cameron re-make with DeCaprio and Winslett- Class distinctions were in force in 1912- no way a steerage Mick bum who wins his ticket with a 'full boat" (a touch o'Irish irony here, lads)in a Belfast pub poker game is going to be asked to dine with the first class-even for one hour--Hollywood- go figure. At least they had the spoiled rich steel baron's bodyguard carrying (by one year anyway) a 1911 Colt--huummm

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..