The notion offered that gun registration changed to competency licensing as an alternative has inspired me to offer this post.

When someone says that a gun owner shouldn't be using a particular gun they are saying you are not to be trusted with it. If a law is instituted saying that gun owners will nolonger be trusted with guns it does not mean if you are not a gun owner now you can own a gun later, it means no one is trusted. Gun registration is for the purpose of checking on you if your a suspect. Licensing for ownership is the change from a RIGHT to a privilege! I believe this is what King Brown holds in favor?

Jim Zumbo, I beleive, was talking without thinking and I bet he is truely regretful. His self defense with his use of his charity to to our soldiers as part of it left me wondering however. His charity to soldiers had nothing to do with his rant and I find his mention of it, advertising.

I am willing to forgive Jim's statement, since he has asked, unlike Jane Fonda or anyone proposing the licensing of U.S. gun owners.

Kurt

Last edited by ben-t; 02/23/07 01:43 PM.