I sympathize here- this is not some lower-end rifle and scope. I have a pre-Garcia Sako L579 Forrester in .243Win that is my favorite woodchuck rifle-It is in the original Sako scope rings, I never use Loctite (Blue is best I hear) unless I am in a rifle over 30-06 range-- say a .338Win Mag or a W'By Mag- for the extra recoil- and although I prefer Leupold Vari-X111 scopes on all my non-military Center Fire bolt rifles, a Swavroski, a Zeiss or a Schmidt and Bender- all are "top shelf" optics-- assuming the sako scope rings and bases are steel, and I can see why you want to remove the scope intact- and the heat input techniques others have tried do not work- I would stay away from the Allen wrench in a cordless drill- set for the slip clutch and in reverse and in low speed range-I think you may well need to have a gunsmith carefully drill out the screws the other person (foolishly, it would seem) expoxied and caused this problem-- Reminds me of the sad story of a friend who was never much at reading instructions- he decided to Acra-Glas bed his Rem 700 in .270Win., but never used the blue release agent on the metal, as Brownell's recommends- Ooops!! Anyway, good luck with this, both the scope and the Sako are worth the effort, even if you have to "kiss the mounts bye-bye"!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..