Doug,
I take exception to your remarks about the third gun pictured, the one with the 2s of recoil pad and spacers. Its easy for a person with boringly normal physical body dimensions to shoot a gun right off the rack. Im 64 (down from 65s as a kid) and almost any gun I buy will eventually get at least a 1 recoil pad. However, being frugal Ive learned to shoot the gun for a while with a slip-on extension to make certain I like it enough to go through the expense and bother of installing a recoil pad (and spacer if needed). I guess my problem with your remarks is that my favorite go-to upland gun is a super lightweight French SXS guild gun. The main problem with it is that when I purchased it some previous owner outfitted it with a 13.5 LOP. The butt of my favorite gun looks exactly like the one in your picture, I tolerate it because it now fits me perfectly, but I wouldve never added that recoil pad or extensions if itd had a 15.5 LOP. My future plans are to have it restocked to fit me, however with the economy still tottering along and my being over 60 unemployed and considered a dinosaur by Corporate America that may never happen. However, if I ever sell it, and some below average height person wishes to buy it, I still have the original butt plate. However, its so light and kicks so hard, I doubt if a smaller person would ever want to shoot the thing.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)