Pick all you want, Ted--but we'll agree to disagree on this one. First of all, since when did Belgium and France become the same country? Without knowing a lot more about that Belgie you linked . . . well, to start with, it ain't a Helice gun. And I agree that Spanish boxlocks do sell for $450. And many of them that sell for that price go back to the days when they had problems with soft parts. Newer Uggie boxlocks will sell for more than that, as will AyA 4's. But I definitely don't put Helice guns in the same category as the old soft part Spaniards. Neither should anyone who knows very much about European doubles. You can pay that for a Pride of Spain if you wish, Ted. I'll save my money and snap up any decent Helice I can find for $450. And if I don't decide to keep it, I'll sell it and make a few $.

Now if you'd looked under French doubles on GI, Ted . . . darn (or maybe in your case, Darne), but those of us with more experience sometimes have to help the youngsters stay on top of things, like the fact that the Belgians aren't French even though they do speak the language. Anyhow, you would have found a couple Robusts: 12ga, $775; 16, $1200; and a Breuil 16 for $1250. All boxlock extractor guns, like the Helice. (I'll readily admit those prices are on the high side, except maybe the Robust 12.) There are a couple listed in the $500 or under range, but they appear far more used in the photos than does the poster's Helice gun.

Last edited by L. Brown; 05/02/12 12:09 PM.