I'm certain I would like the box locks and side locks....back when I was buying and trading DR's the older rifles were all I could afford. However, I've always preferred older firearms so I doubt I would have moved forward in time much. More than likely the quality of older firearms I have would have increased. I only own one scoped, bolt action rifle.

DR's have incresed quite a bit in the last 15-20 years, our income took a big hit when my wife became disabled shortly after I acquired a couple doubles so unfortunately my days of adding to my meager collection are finished....unless some big windfall comes in. I don't see any such thing on the horizon.

AkMike, there's a lot more city folks utilizing the Ozark creeks in the summer than there was back then. Other than that things haven't changed a great deal. Plain truth is that there isn't a lot of opportunity in the Ozarks in general. Specific places have boomed, Branson being the first that comes to mind, but generally throughout the area there hasn't been a lot of growth. It was poor country when I was a kid back in the 50's and 60's and pretty much remains so today.

NRA Benefactor 2008
NRA Patron 2007
NRA Endowment 1996
NRA Life 1988