A few comments on another thread has me considering the plethora of gunmakers still active across the pond, Scotland and England to be precise. It is astounding to me that there are as many as there are, still in the business of making fine doubleguns in an era in which they are certainly not the gun of choice for most hunters/shooters. I think it is not arguable that there are many more autoloaders and pumps sold than doubles. Nevertheless, I have quickly thrown together a list of makers in England and Scotland, alone.

Please feel free to contribute any you know of that I missed, and also point out any that may no longer be in business. I am sure our neighbors "to our east" will have much more information concerning this than I.

A.A. Brown & Sons
Anderson Wheeler
Asprey
Atkin, Grant & Lang
Boss & Co.
Boxall & Edmiston
David McKay Brown
E.J. Churchill
Holland & Holland
Holloway & McNaughton
John Dickson & Sons
J. Roberts & Sons
John Wilkes
Longthorne Gunmakers
Purdey & Sons
Watson Bros.
William & Son
William Powell
Westley Richards
William Evans

There was also a gunmaker by the name of White that was in business a few years ago. I remember a forum member from New York that owned a fine restaurant that ordered and received a matched pair from them. He has not posted in some years, as I recall. Cannot remember his name.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.