Well, my prize arrived in good order this afternoon. Thanks to Rookhawk for a perfectly honest description of the gun and for an excellent job of communication, packaging and shipping.

I'm afraid I've bought a genuine Boss&Co wallhanger. Someone above pointed out that as a pinfire conversion, which this one is, there might not be enough metal in the chamber area to support a successful sleeve. The chamber wall at the breech is less than 1/8th inch. I think I have a Parker with muzzle walls thicker than that.

I still plan to have someone with the requisite knowledge and experience look it over for an assessment. It's possible a down-guage sleeve might work out or maybe someone else's idea of fitting new lumps on another set of barrels will be a possibility. However I suspect that other than a possible cosmetic makeover I'll never get this one shooting. The wood and the engraving are lovely. I'm disappointed in that, but I bought it as a wallhanger and that's what I suspect it'll remain, a very nice one at that!

I do have an enquiry in with Boss&Co. for a history of the gun and they indicate that they do have all the information on it. I expect the delay on their part must be that the gun has some Royal connection and they must have felt it best to notify the Queen before disclosing it all to me. Anyone know what the three plumes on the gold oval inlay in the stock may signify? I am waiting with bated breath for a discreet call from someone at Sandringham.

OK dadgummit, I take back all the snide remarks I made about jOe's input on this!...Geo