Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Been down that road myself brother, and wish I'd not. My 28" Parker VH on a 1 1/2 frame was like Chuck's - .005 and .040. Had to pay Briley 3 times what the original 'choke work' cost to correct the left barrel POI which was a foot low and left at 16 yards after opening the choke to .020 frown
You've got a perfect big country pheasant gun; leave it be and get yourself a lighter 16 or 20 with Sk1/Sk2 chokes. Your right arm, both legs, and dog, will thank you smile

I had a similarly bad experience w/ Briley several years ago when I had them put screw in chokes in a nice 28 gauge Perazzi. The end of the barrels looked like someone had taken ahold of them with a pair of vice grips. When I called, I was assured that the damage was not done by them, that they had arrived in the shop that way (they were perfect when I sent them).

My preference in chokes for a gun with double triggers is very open (.005 to .008) on the right, full choke on the left. Being able to instantly choose is a real advantage, and I don't recall feeling at disadvantage for a tight choked second shot.

In case you reconsider, A real pro to open a choke is Ken Eversull, in Louisiana. He does it by honing alone, that which he did for me was perfect.