June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (NorthernBob, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,188
Members14,431
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not care about the global warming debate. Other things are more to the point. One flaw in all the Global warming warning is when the often repeated hottest in 500 years ago statement is mentioned. Too easy for some to point out that total human population 500 years ago might have been 100 million and total SUV numbers zero. So maybe we are to blame and maybe not. Climates change over time. Who cares? Even if the science adds up to proof of Global warming think about what is going to happen in the next 40 years. Change is coming and we will not like it.

There will remain two minor facts. Fact one is that China and India do not care. They are not going to be able to stop increasing their population growth and they want to raise their standard of living. You tell two billion people to stop having sex and to keep their standard of living low so they do not create more greenhouse gases. Combined they are a third of the total population. People generate increasing amounts of pollution as they raise their standard of living. We may have been the largest CO2 producer today but every study I have seen has China passing us by as they raise their standard of living. India is behind them but not by far. Cars are becoming a more common thing in China and India. Put ten or twenty million cars more on the road every year and think of all the pollution they will generate.

Fact two is that today's seven billion people will be more than 10.5 billion in 2050. We do not have the capacity to feed 10.5 billion people right now and no one can figure out how we will do it then. US food production is almost maxed out and the rest of the world does not have enough reserve to take up the slack.

We have been thinking that oil will be the cause of the next great war if one starts. Food or lack of food will the be reason. So stop with the debate about Global warming and start figuring out how to feed all those people.

KY Jon #288530 08/08/12 11:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon

We have been thinking that oil will be the cause of the next great war if one starts. Food or lack of food will the be reason. So stop with the debate about Global warming and start figuring out how to feed all those people.

Barry Sotero A.K.A. Barack Hussein Obama will save them by giving them all Food Stamps!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Didnt take long for the guys with the silver plates in their skulls to take this political did it? We actually seem to have a lot of healthy birds, got rain every night for the past 7-8 days. Too late for the dryland stuff, but good for the birds. Lots of new weed growth in the stubbles..next year is what worries me...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had no idea sex caused greenhouse gas. But, it all makes perfect sense now. What are real estate prices like in Greenland?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Actually greenhouse gas causes sex...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago as a young kid I discovered that intestinal gas causes the opposite. blush

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I recall hearing somewhere, quite some time ago, that because of population growth, the wheels start coming off right around 2050. Makes me worry for kids and grandkids, but I'll be 105 then, so it probably won't make much difference to me. You get rid of the big wars and conquer many formerly common diseases--all of which sounds good--and you end up with a whole lot of people we may not be able to feed.

Back to the drought. Grouse country of the Upper Midwest is in pretty good shape. Up here in northern WI, we're actually above average for rainfall this summer. It's been hotter than normal, but hot up here is 90 rather than 100+, so it's all relative.

Last edited by L. Brown; 08/09/12 11:49 AM.
Chuck H #288566 08/09/12 12:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
I had no idea sex caused greenhouse gas. But, it all makes perfect sense now. What are real estate prices like in Greenland?

If atmostpheric CO2 causes the greenhouse effect then CO2 is the cause of global warming. But if people cause the CO2 that causes global warming then people are the cause. But if unprotected sex creates people then unprotected sex (and penicillin) is the cause of global warming.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/09/12 12:15 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Actually greenhouse gas causes sex...

it ain't helped my sex life a bit....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drought is bad here in se Nebraska. Dry land corn is mostly dead, mine might make 20 bu, made 200 last year. Thankfully most of mine is irrigated, spent 12000 on diesel for one 160 acre field, paying for fuel has not been fun. I'm seeing more quail/pheasants this year, I think the hatch/s have been good, no rain for a couple months and day after day of 95 to 105 temps.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.