June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jimmy W), 408 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,621
Posts547,072
Members14,429
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Anyone who has been an adult in the last thirty years, who makes the claim that "Iran has never attacked anyone" is extraodinarily uninformed.

Really? Where has your head been for the last thirty years? Their fingerprints have been on nearly every terrorist event suffered by this country, and a few others (think Israel) over that span of time.

That may be the most ignorant thing I've ever seen typed on this board.

As far as the president taking credit for Osaama Bin Laden being dead, that would be similar to Truman taking credit for the Manhatten project.

But, I suppose some people will buy it.

Hey, I'm out of the stock market-the correction that is coming may be the mother of all corrections. You heard it here, first.

Best,
Ted

The Manhattan Project was started before Truman took office, just as the bin Laden search. Obama did not take credit for the killing, (despite fox news stories) but he gave the order just as Truman ordered the A-bombing. Truman took credit (and heat) for ordering the bombing just as Obama takes credit and right-wing heat for ordering the raid on bin-Laden. The right-wing hates Obama so much that they would rather see bin Laden alive. Bush didn't go after bin Laden and Romney didn't think it was worth going after bin Laden.

Iran is one of the most well-educated and westernized countries (except for the Mullahs who are like the Tea Party) and is under constant assault. Under the Bush doctrine they have every right for a pre-emptive assault since attack plans are being openly drawn up by peace-loving Israel. A vote for Romney is a vote for another war which the Chinese may not fund.

You might be right about the mother of all predictions but I didn't predict - I simply noted that we had one of the best few market years ever under Obama.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
1. ...someone is a chimpanzee...

2. ...distributing those profits...

Why do you embellish. Just trim out the fluff, and ramp up the money printer and tax machine.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I see that you live in Mpls Ted. I think you better move out of state because once everyone on the forum finds out about this gold mine of easy money we will all be getting it and the good liberals of Minnesota can fund our new shotguns. grin I'll have a new Merkel please. Box lock, 12 bore, minimal engraving, nothing fancy. smile

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bush didn't go after Bin Laden?
Really?
You believe that?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, he told us that Iraq was responsible for the 9/11 attacks and he attacked Iraq so I guess in an oblique way one could claim he went after bin Laden.

But he didn't get him, did he?

I suppose Obama could have said "Mission accomplished"

By the way, where are all the crazy conspiracy theories? I usually alert my leftie friends to the better ones and they circulated them widely - now there's a drought.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

1. The stock market has boomed and unless someone is a chimpanzee or has a chimpanzee as an "advisor" they've done very well.

2. US corporations are more profitable than ever and distributing those profits as dividends.

3. Osama bin Laden is dead

4. The auto industry is alive and well

5. We have the start of a national health system - now we just need to get the insurance companies out of it.

6. We didn't go to war in Libya

7. We won't go to war in Syria

8. We stayed out of Egypt

9. We won't attack Iran, a nation that has never attacked anyone

10 We have our foreign creds restored.

11. Our economy didn't tank

12. Jobs are coming back, slowly, but they're coming back.

13. al Queda operatives are getting killed on a weekly basis.

The right-wing denies and wants to reverse all this. Plus add women-hating agendas. The right-wing must hate profitable US companies.

First I'd like to ask how Gnomoron could think of responding to a thread I started when he is supposedly ignoring me? What else would I expect from a ball-less liar?

1) The DJIA is still almost 1000 points below it's all time high reached in Oct 2008. Adjust for inflation and the picture is even worse.

2) Corporate profits were higher as a percentage of GDP in 1952 than they are now. Obama's hidden inflation in the midst of a severe recession skews this too. Profits have largely increased as a result of outsourcing of higher wage jobs which flourished after Bill Clinton signed NAFTA. Bush and Obama continued to sign free trade agreements which cost us more than they benefitted us.

3) Osama bin Ladin is dead... thanks to intelligence garnered through waterboarding of Khalid Sheik Mohammed... a technique that Obama vehemently opposed. If Obama had his way on waterboarding, bin Ladin would've died of old age. Bush deserves much more of the credit for the success of this op than Obama.

4) The auto industry is a shadow of it's former self. American made parts content has dropped below 45% vs. 65% 4 years ago. New workers now start at less than $15.00/hr. vs almost twice that 4 yrs. ago. They now must fund their own 401K out of their $30K annual wages. The pension plans are a thing of the past. GM is struggling and hasn't came close to paying back TARP money. They probably never will. Obama's taxpayer funded gift to the UAW.

5) Health care costs are still rising far beyond the general rate of inflation. Hiring is stagnant because of the uncertainties and burdens Obama-care has placed on them. We are still paying for health care costs of illegals.

6), 7), and 8) Thanks to our brilliant Kenyan foreign policy, the Arab Spring has proliferated the influence of radical Shia power. Think Hezbollah and the nut cases who run Iran.

9) Glad you brought up Iran. They have doubled the number of centrifuges used to enrich uranium. They want to wipe Israel off the map, and when they block the Strait of Hormuz, $4.00/gallon gas will seem like the good old days. Only a stupid liberal liar could think our dealings with Iran's pursuit of nukes has been intelligent.

10) Foreign creds restored? Everyone likes a push-over. They're laughing at us! Remember, Obama will have more latitude to give more to Putin if he wins re-election.

11) Economy didn't tank? What are you smoking?

12) Jobs are not coming back. The few that have been created are mostly low wage-no benefits type jobs. The rate of increase is not even keeping up with population growth of new workers TRYING to enter the workforce. REAL unemployment numbers are probably twice what they are telling us. Unemployed who have ran out of benefits, underemployed, and workers who have given up and gone on welfare are not counted.

13) al Qaeda operatives are indeed being killed as well they should. Bush didn't go into Iraq to fight them. They came to Iraq to fight us. Bush also did take the fight to them in Afghanistan. He went in to Iraq because Saddam was violating U.N. sanctions and he claimed to have WMD. Leading Democrats agreed he had WMD, and that we had to stop him. Unfortunately, we gave him almost a year to hide those WMD, and no doubt, some of the chemical weapons we are now concerned about in Syria came from Iraq. Saddam absolutely did have WMD, and the Polish Army contingent of the coalition found artillary shells loaded with cyclosarin in Iraq in 2004. The liberal press did as much as they could to hide this fact.

Now Gnomoron, where are these woman hating agendas? The real hate for women (and men, and minorities) is to keep them bound by the failed economic policies of Obama. Figures lie and liars figure. And Gnomoron is the biggest liar we are likely to ever encounter on this forum.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....where are all the crazy conspiracy theories? I usually alert my leftie friends to the better ones and they circulated them widely - now there's a drought.

I feel for you Gnomon. I wouldn't want the word to get around about that leftie convention over in Charlotte either. First time in history a convention bump is described as a drought.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, craig, conventions aren't what they used to be. But it wasn't a leftie convention in Charlotte anymore than it was a fascist convention in Florida.

By the way, I though Eastwood was funny. He might have been the highlight.

My left-of-center friends do not believe me when I tell them about the nutcase conspiracy theories that get posted here so I like to keep them in contact. The crazies' postings on this forum get very wide circulation!

Unfortunately these nutcases are poster-children for gun control crazies. But, what the hell, it's in their own words!

Sidelock
Sidelock

....these nutcases are poster-children for gun control crazies. But, what the hell, it's in their own words!

Ouch that hurts. I'm hopping around on one foot cause I just shot the other. Will you patch things up for us so we can go hunting this fall with, say it isn't so, guns. Don't lump yourself in with the crazies, you're always above the fray.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Naah, craig, I'm a crazy, too. (ask my wife) It's just that at my age I limp a lot, fall down (thank God for safety sears) and depend upon my guide of many years to set the pace. I also try hard not to gratuitously trash-talk, altho it sometimes slips out!

Have a good one!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.