Rabbit, the Gaddy modification is not "discredited". It is just about impossible to use at a gun show or auction. Take the time to read my method. It was taught to me by Jon Hosford, who knows a little about shotgun measuring devices. One poster says my method requires two people. The vertical method requires a whole lot more help than that, not just a helper. I used the vertical method for a while, but never found a convenient place to hang the gauge at a gun show or auction. Another (Rookhawk) says my method is time consuming, would take an hour. I can measure a pair of guns in ten minutes, one gun in five, all results repeatable. His argument is that the Manson instructions cause him to think the gauge is "mediocre". Rookhawk has made a decision not to read the instructions on the PGCA site, which have no relationship to the Manson instructions. By the way, I never saw any instructions in the Manson box. I never did expect Pooch to read the instructions on the PGCA forum, but I expected better from Rookhawk. If you guys want to haul a Galazan table gauge to gun shows, be my guest, but my method and my Manson gauge will do the same job. I used the Galazan table gauge for years, but it never went out of the shop. Do you guys haul your table gauge to shows and auctions?