well, given the fact that the stock has had a crack repaired, english straight, the head has a pin in it, period repair with engraved heads, there is a small ring in the right barrel, and the forearm, with ejectors, numbers don't match the rest of the gun.....i am assuming that once the smith looks at it i may be in the market for a new gun.

even though it is a C grade gun, and other than the above faults, in relatively nice shape, if the barrel lug wasn't messed up, i probably couldn't get more than $700 for it.

my problem is i LOVE Remington guns, and would want to find another in either C grade or higher, with straight grip and Ordnance barrels, those seem to be tough to find for less than 2K.

if Keith Kearcher responds to my email, according to the pricing on his website having both ribs and the lug re-attached may only cost around $300.00, but then i may have to re-blue as well...

i can deal with $300 to get her shooting again, but much more than that, i have a hell of a parts gun to sell.