The instructions given thus far I believe will strength the wrist and provide a better anchor for the lower receiver tang and the trigger guard tang. And I appreciate this good advice, but I have another problem I have not faced before. On previous guns I have dealt with before the tangs of the receiver could be squeezed to tighten the grip of the receiver on to the stock via screws that ran from receiver tang to receiver tang. On this gun the bottom receiver tang cannot be squeezed. It is short and filled with mechanisms. Only the top tang can be screwed tighter to firm up the grip between receiver and stock. But but the screw that can be used tighten the grip of the upper receiver instead of the attaching to the lower receiver tang is one of the screws attaching the trigger tang. The head of this screw is external thus visible on the trigger tang. the foot or threaded portion surfaces just below the slide safety. Tightening this screw through the ages has caused it to protrude past the top tang and interfere with the safety. The screw head has been essentially ruined from tightening as there is much stock inletting at under the upper tang to make room for the safety mechanism. With the deterioration and shrinking of the wood over the years there is not much for the upper tang to grip.

I can provide picture but it is hard to see. This gun was sold as a wall hanger because of the degree of it's looseness, but looseness was not in the barrel to face but in the stock. So got a very nice gun for very little. There is an inherent weakness in the stock to receiver design as the stock is essentially being secured by the trigger guard tang. A weakness I don't know how to fix. I never thought went I got the gun my main problem would be the stock.