September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (FallCreekFan, fullandfuller, 2 invisible), 413 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,931
Posts550,844
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been asked a few times by people that shoot those funny over/under guns if I know of any Brit SxS guns for sale. Many have always shot O/Us but may have a bit of money in the bank or finished paying for their house/children and just 'fancy' a nice old vintage gun.
I tell them I'll keep a look out but then, they always add...
'can I get one with a single trigger like my berrokuzini (or whatever)'
That's usually the point when I start to strangle them !
Only joking, I'm in no position to judge anyone and think there may be a market over here for single trigger conversions.
Is the conversion reversible and is much or any wood removed to install it ?
I know that some purists will be having screaming fits at the thought of violating old guns but if you pay the money, you can name the tune.
I agree that a double triggers on double guns gives that timeless classic look but if you want to alter your own gun it's up to you.
We can move with the times, I don't carry a rubberised mackintosh in case it rains and I've never shot a paper cartridge. I love 100 year old guns though.
P.S. Purdy's...! Hee hee.

Last edited by El Garro; 12/01/12 03:25 PM.

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting that nobody has badmouthed Italian single triggers. I believe the Italians build the best doubleguns in the world today, best as in reliability and longevity. But, for that matter, I have Perazzi, Beretta, Browning (BSS), L.C. Smith (HOT), SKB and even a $499 Yildiz with single triggers. Not ONE has ever failed to work perfectly. Not one instance of failure to operate perfectly on any one of those guns in tens of thousands of rounds.

The single trigger HAS been perfected. IMO.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Could not agree more with you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan
I have 3 BSS guns and the only trigger that failed (doubled) was one that someone unknowledgeable "smoothed up". They rounded a part that prevents doubling. Once I fixed their handy work, it was fine.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I find it find it funny that people will hold their noses up at a single trigger on a sxs then turn around and shoot a single trigger on an o/u.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson
I find it find it funny that people will hold their noses up at a single trigger on a sxs then turn around and shoot a single trigger on an o/u.

Yeah, me too. I have read that O/Us are the gun of choice now for driven shoots in the UK. Betcha most are Italian, too. Source also said that one would be hard pressed to find nice English S x Ss being used.

The market speaks, and the market gets supplied with what it wants. That's free enterprise, and that's what Dan May is doing.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I too believe that a sxs should have two triggers, not to say that I don't own a few with single triggers.
To me the trigger in the picture should be more streamlined and blued for that gun.
I have one on an Ideal Grade L.C. Smith, it is the first style with the selector on the safety, where it should be. Set up like the old 3 position safety. The other selector locations that are alongside the trigger are useless, as is most selective single triggers.
In my opinion, single selective triggers are only good for wildfowl hunters in a blind.
On a sxs, this is almost as bad as screw in chokes, but the screw in chokes come first.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

H. Adkin was from Bedford just north of London.I remember them for better than average wood on the average grades I've seen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like a bunch of old hens clucking over what women's clothing is acceptable. crazy

Seriously??? Make-believe dressing up in short pants and tall sox is ok but single triggers are taboo???

Last edited by Chuck H; 12/02/12 09:08 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree with JDW. It would be nice to shape that trigger like a Perazzi one. The lines of the trigger on a P gun flow through the exquisite curves of the trigger guard, it's a master of design
Dan has already said he can blue his trigger, a must-do, I think for installing in a British gun
And he says he can place the Miller name out of sight inside the gun. Yes, If I still had that Evans with the troublesome single trigger I'd buy a Millere, subject to the suggestions I make here

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.