Originally Posted By: John Can.
My take -- 21H in either carbine / rifle, 21F full stock all with no integral mounts but sometimes claw mounts.

22H in either carbine / rifle, 22F full stock all with integral mounts. All models were a small ring, standard length Mauser, could be had with either DTSs similliar in design to the Oberndorf Mauser(integral to the bottom metal) / single trigger. All could be had with either a butter knife / round bolt handle. A factory scope could be ordered with the 22 series and possibly the 21 but I have never run across one, I think cost kept the combos in the rare category.

The switch from 21 to 22 came around 1953. Mine is a 22H made in 1954-integral mounts with factory scope. FWIW - TTBOMK

Your take is the same as mine, although I have never seen a half stock carbine version, one without double set triggers, or one with a round bolt handle. I have seen examples for sale where the bolt handle had been altered for low scope mounting, and in those cases, the bolt handle usually had a round knob.

I have owned two rifles (8X57JS and 7X64) and two full stock carbines (8X57JS and 6.5X57). All had butter knife bolt handles and all but the 8X57JS full stock carbine had the integral mounts. That carbine had a knurled receiver ring, much like that on my Model S commercial Mauser sporter in 9X57.