September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (Argo44, Perry M. Kissam, DSchrank, azgreg, LRF, ratt), 229 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,857
Posts550,059
Members14,452
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your right Canvas, I did use it to snipe at another stupid point made by ISS. If I offended you, the little girl or her family, its a choice I will live with, but I never volunteered nor do I remember being asked to be this board's moral compass, so anything your reading into my prior silence on the issue bares nothing. Its not up to me to suggest the that there should be some outrage at the shooter and the incident the instant it was brought to our collective attention. I too stand by my position regarding the board's response to the shooting was it high on sympathy and low on accountability and responsibility.

Last edited by nca225; 12/13/12 08:40 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

I must say I am pleased to see this slug pos chris (nac225) fin ally getting some of what he has had coming for a couple years now.He is a cowardly taunting libtard who would happily throw any of us "under the bus" to keep his parasite life on the government tit.

once again chris,just for you

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geez Dave, your erection seems to have gone off again....

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
Your right Canvas, I did use it to snipe at another stupid point made by ISS. If I offended you, the little girl or her family, its a choice I will live with, but I never volunteered nor do I remember being asked to be this board's moral compass, so anything your reading into my prior silence on the issue bares nothing. Its not up to me to suggest the that there should be some outrage at the shooter and the incident the instant it was brought to our collective attention. I too stand by my position regarding the board's response to the shooting was it high on sympathy and low on accountability and responsibility.

I never suggested you should be the board's moral compass. Only that you seem not to have a personal one.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

It sure does seem like nca225 is really outraged by this tragedy. Were you so outraged, nca225, that you couldn't even see straight to type for almost two months after it happened? Or are you that slow and dim-witted that you have the response time of a frozen reptile?

It would appear that you may have Googled up some details of the tragedy in order to respond to me. But you couldn't even do that right. The little girl wasn't dressed in a skunk costume as you said. She had a black costume and a black hat with a white tassel. That's still no excuse to pull the trigger when you're not 100% sure of your target, and I do believe I said that. What really grabbed our attention was your Liberal knee-jerk response that this served "as a prime example for the necessity for gun control". You didn't direct your anger at the careless cousin who shot the girl other than to call him an SOB, almost two months after the fact. You went straight for the inanimate object, the gun.

So you finally outed yourself as a supporter of gun control. So what? That's no surprise to any of us who really read your stupidity and see who you support for political office. Since we can't know for certain if someone will screw up with a firearm like this until it happens, apparently you believe as Bob Costas does, that if no gun was present, this could not have happened. If there's another way to know, tell us.

We do the best we can. Actually, we do amazingly well considering there are probably over 200 million guns in this country. I don't know of any shooters or hunters who feel known criminals or drug abusers should be allowed to purchase or use firearms. Those of us who are NRA members are proud of the time and money that organization spends on gun safety programs and equally proud of the results. I call this tragedy an accident. Yes, it's an accident that should not have happened, but that's true of a great many accidents where some degree of carelessness or negligence is involved. The inanimate object that was involved in a similar act of negligence could have easily been a car or motorcycle. You make it sound as if this guy intentionally shot his niece thinking he could get away with the crime by claiming she looked like a skunk. Do you know something we and the police don't know? Was this 8 year old girl selling drugs on his turf or something like that, which gave him the motive to try to kill her? Or are you just that idiotic to think you could post pro gun control messages on a shotgun forum and think you'd get a good reception? We all know the answer to that. You're an idiot.

True story I've told here before: In the mid 1970's, my cousin was shot and killed while turkey hunting by a guy who claimed he was shooting at a turkey in a low bush. I was close to this cousin, and although he was several years older than me, he took the time to frequently take me hunting and fishing with him. He made it through Viet Nam but died by the gun of a careless hunter. Nobody I know has ever seen turkeys in low bushes. They roost high in trees and fly down and spend the day feeding at ground level. The guy shot my cousin through the heart with a scoped .30-06 rifle from less than 75 yards away.

Years later I was telling some co-workers about this incident, and one guy got very pale. He asked me my cousins' name. When I told him, he told me that he was there that day, and he was hunting with the guy who killed my cousin. He heard him hollering afterward and came upon the scene. He said he knew my cousin was already dead. He was the one who left the scene and summoned the State Police and led them into the woods where my cousin lay dead. He told me a Police helicopter soon came and landed on a nearby gasline. This commotion apparently brought my uncle, who was hunting with his son that day, to the area. This co-worker told me he saw my uncle approach and told the police his boy had been hunting in this area. He told me he'll never forget the look on my uncle's face when the police uncovered the body for him to I.D.

This co-worker told me he of course never hunted with this guy again. He told me he was careless and frequently shot at movements in the brush. He stuck to his story about the turkey in the low bush and was not charged with any crime. He lost his hunting license for 2 or 3 years while my cousin lost his life and left a wife, an infant son, and a broken-hearted family.

My uncle drove himself home alone that day. About an hours drive, and he wouldn't let the cops take him or call anyone to get him. How? I'll never know. He was never the same after that. He always looked like a big piece of his heart was cut out. He carried the burden of knowing his boy was in the woods that day because he had brought him up to love the outdoors. He didn't hunt again for over a year, but he did take it up again. He even took his grandson hunting. Never once did he say or believe that we should give up our right and freedom to own guns because of one careless idiot. He's dead now, but he would never ever have voted for someone like Obama.

I didn't tell this story for nca225. He's not worth the effort, and he's much too stupid to understand.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had a friend who as accidently shot by a companion when we were in High School. The one who was shot stepped in front of the other just as he was firing at a grouse.
None of us ever got over this tragedy and if anything good came from it I think it made us all more careful hunters for the rest of our lives.
I always really felt bad for the guy who pulled the trigger as I don't think this is something you ever get over or are able to forget.
I'm sure someone like nca225 will find someone to blame in this scenario as those of his ilk are prone to do. But then his type have an agenda.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

All interest groupings have an agenda, Jim. Today's Connecticut massacre will produce a bewildering range of outrage, becoming the yes-buts and no-buts of the unending debate of blame around gun ownership.

Your agenda is advertised on each message. As a libertarian, I have no problem with agendas. Nor do I categorize protagonists of causes around democratic principles as one side being superior to the other.

The US is a violent society. It's what Americans have chosen, consciously and deliberately, and voted for in their legislatures as the will of the people. As a liberal I voted and worked with citizens to rid us of the long-gun registry.

That was one of my agendas. Neither right or left, in my opinion. As many to the right joined the left because it was seen as wasteful and ascribing criminality to responsible Canadians. So my last word on agendas, promise.

Last edited by King Brown; 12/14/12 05:26 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like 26 more people died today, plus the two from the other day. No gun control huh?

As usual Keith, you assume to much. You have correctly identified me as an advocate of gun control, but you haven't asked what control I think to be appropriate, and although its easier for your narrow mind to fervently believe I want to ban gun ownership outright, I do not. But I am for weeding out individuals who have low intelligence, a low gasp of responsibility, or a mental defect from gun ownership. Its these guys that make it worse for all of us.

Also in a broader sense, I am for restricting the capacity of firearms to be able to fire more the 10 rounds before having to reload. Yes this means I am for a ban on high capacity magazines as there should be no reason to need to fire 15-30 rounds in any situation before having to load another mag. If you know how to shoot, you shouldn't need more then 10 rounds.

The ban on high capacity magazines is easy. Weeding out inappropriate candidates from gun ownership is a difficult proposition but that does not mean we should not try.

I submit that the fellow who shot his 8 year old cousin could have been weeded out under any three of the criteria I mentioned, so too could have been the fellow who killed your cousin.

I'm pretty sure that the NRA agrees with me that ownership of a firearm is the most awesome responsibility that an individual can have. We part ways on who can hold that responsibility.

Do you want have this conversation or are you just another NRA little Eichmann who doesn't even want to admit that the current gun laws are ineffective at preventing these incidents?

Jim... Just wanted to point out that each of your examples, factually, share little with what happened in PA. That girl wasn't shot by a hail of bullets from a gunfight, nor did the shooter draw up on her and point shoot like you would a grouse. That fellow aimed his shot at what he thought was a legit target, without much thought.

Last edited by nca225; 12/14/12 05:44 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

The US is a violent society. It's what Americans have chosen, consciously and deliberately, and voted for in their legislatures as the will of the people.

King,

The thing with this statement is that it does not recognize the strength of the NRA as a lobby.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
But I am for weeding out individuals who have low intelligence, a low gasp of responsibility, or a mental defect from gun ownership.

I'd also like to weed them out from voting and from breeding, but that's not going to happen, either.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.