September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (LeFusil, ratt, Ted Schefelbein, GMCS, 2 invisible), 216 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,892
Posts550,539
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Perhaps Dave K will come back on here and post what he found about nca225. It was pretty pitiful as I remember it.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple observations: Members of this forum seem to be middle-aged or older. Mass shooters from the past several years, to my recollection, are mostly young "adults" who grew up in a far different world than we did, one that markets violence as entertainment. We're not the problem. We've owned firearms for decades, know how to use them, and wouldn't shoot people at random in a million years. I'm not proposing a solution here but suggesting that it's a generation or two behind that we need to focus on.

Bill Ferguson
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So he(Obama) want's "meaningful action" does he?
Here's my proposal: All severly mentally ill people now out on the street be instititionalised indefinitely. Tell the ACLU to go screw themselves as we did not have these types of mass shooting with insane people until they(the ACLU) got them turned out on the streets. Just think over that last mass shootings from Colorado to Virginia Tech to the Representative here in Tucson; all committed by insane nutjobs. I'm convinced this was no more than part of the plan by the ACLU to destabilize the United States by having nut jobs in public with no scruples about committing henious crimes in place to wreak havoc on the public. This of course would lead to more loss of personal freedom thru "Gun Control" and accomplish the far lefts aims.
BTW: You won't see this opinion reported in the so called "mainstream news media".

OK rocky mtn bill: Since you've made an acceptable/reasonable post here lets hear your recommendation. Mine is posted above. It will of course be ignored.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, I can accept rocky mtn bill's post too. For starters, I say kick the NEA in the a$$ and have every school participate in the NRA's Eddie Eagle program.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you're on to something. We are so obsessed with not stepping on the "rights" of nutjobs to live "normal" lives we are letting them loose to harm society.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, If I thought I had any answer, I'd gladly post it.Nobody is going to come up with answers that can be proven in advance to prevent this kind of tragedy. We should be willing to consider things that could help. The mentally ill are a notoriously ignored population. We stopped warehousing them during the Reagan administration partly in an effort to cut government costs, and also, as you say,to give them more freedom. More and better treatment for crazy people might help in the long run. The kinds of mental illness that lead to violent behavior, when diagnosed, could identify people who would be placed on a "no fly" list.The current issue of Atlantic magazine has an article germaine to this dicussion in which the author suggests banning high capacity magazines, closing gunshow loopholes, and opening the doors to much wider concealed carry. Food for thought.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 12/14/12 08:51 PM. Reason: addition

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm willing to bet this was one of the people that voted for Obama...just like in Arizona with Gabby Giffords.

This is a beast the Liberals created when they decided the civil rights of the lunatics were being violated by keeping them in institutions....

Its also what you get when kids are brought up to not be held responsible for their actions...and generally not taught any discipline at all...because heaven knows how we managed to survive being spanked when we mouthed off or misbehaved....I bet that mental midget was never spanked as a child....

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 12/14/12 09:07 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Liberals in the late 70s argued successfully that the crazies should not be warehoused unless they were a clear danger to themselves and the community, Mr. Rocky Bill. The courts agreed and they were set free. It was not a question of money. It was about civil liberties. Stop lying.

Last edited by GJZ; 12/14/12 09:17 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill I disagree with that magazine on the issue of high cap mags. Gunshow loopholes are just a figment of the gungrabbers imagination. Less restrictions on concealled carry is a must. You bring up mental illness and this is an interesting topic. How many of these wackos are on some kind of prescription drug? How many of these drugs have mind altering side effects that account for their bizzare behavior? These nutcases should all be rounded up and locked up. As far as I'm concerned they have NO rights at all, especially no right to be within my safe zone.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Perhaps Dave K will come back on here and post what he found about nca225. It was pretty pitiful as I remember it.
Jim

Way to go Jim. Please keep on encouraging cyberstalking. You too can be held accountable.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.