Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
For Bill and nca225, consider this.

Perhaps the problem isn't the easy accessibility of guns but the untried and untested (except on now several generations of children) theories of child rearing espoused by the schools, the left and the lazy. Lots of guns lying around homes in the 1950's. not many school shootings, or mass shootings if any type.

Seems to me there is a correlation in the proliferation of mass shootings and the fundamental change in how we raised our kids that began in the late 1960's.

These changes included a shocking lack of consequences for behaviours that previously were considered unacceptable.

Also included the now discredited idea that "positive self esteem" could be acquired by hearing praise, rather than actual accomplishment.

The use of tv screens and computer monitors as babysitters.

Also the feminization of boys and young men that includes punishing them during their school days for exhibiting normal male behaviour and demanding they act like the girls.

Oh yeah, and with the rise of 2 income families, the idea that the parent's career and self actualization was more important than a commitment to raising the child properly.

Just saying.

Actually I couldn't agree with you more. Your point about parenting is well taken and I for one as well disagree with with the "coddle" society we have become towards youth.

In all seriousness though and I am not trying to divert the topic but the family unit was stronger back when union membership and strength was at its best. Dad worked a good job and made enough to provide and save. Mom stayed at home and raised the kids.

I cant get too upset at parents who both work. Cost of living today simply requires that.

But it seems that there is a hatred for Unions and wage equality on this forum.

Last edited by nca225; 12/14/12 11:17 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Couldn't disagree with you more about the good old days of union membership. That's not the problem. I think when you attribute it to that you aren't getting to the real root if the problem.

The problem is making a choice in favour of consumerism instead of in favour if your children. New cars every couple of years, the latest electronics, significant vacations every year, the growing consumer debt load attests the the wildass and frivolus spending that goes on. My job regularly takes me into shopping malls across Canada and the US. It is now crazy the way people spend money.

And I'm talking about people in their 20's and 30's. What happened to live within your means?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
Originally Posted By: canvasback
For Bill and nca225, consider this.

Perhaps the problem isn't the easy accessibility of guns but the untried and untested (except on now several generations of children) theories of child rearing espoused by the schools, the left and the lazy. Lots of guns lying around homes in the 1950's. not many school shootings, or mass shootings if any type.

Seems to me there is a correlation in the proliferation of mass shootings and the fundamental change in how we raised our kids that began in the late 1960's.

These changes included a shocking lack of consequences for behaviours that previously were considered unacceptable.

Also included the now discredited idea that "positive self esteem" could be acquired by hearing praise, rather than actual accomplishment.

The use of tv screens and computer monitors as babysitters.

Also the feminization of boys and young men that includes punishing them during their school days for exhibiting normal male behaviour and demanding they act like the girls.

Oh yeah, and with the rise of 2 income families, the idea that the parent's career and self actualization was more important than a commitment to raising the child properly.

Just saying.

Actually I couldn't agree with you more. Your point about parenting is well taken and I for one as well disagree with with the "coddle" society we have become towards youth.

In all seriousness though and I am not trying to divert the topic but the family unit was stronger back when union membership and strength was at its best. Dad worked a good job and made enough to provide and save. Mom stayed at home and raised the kids.

I cant get too upset at parents who both work. Cost of living today simply requires that.

But it seems that there is a hatred for Unions and wage equality on this forum.

Thats a falicy that Union Jobs pay more....and that non-union jobs are underpaid.

I've had both...I got better annual pay raises when I had a non-union job. In a Union job I am very disgusted that they can have the general strike fund woefully underfunded..and yet have money, MY money to give to a Political party that has done absolutely NOTHING that has ever helped me...EVER....

I don't have a choice of where that money goes. and I don't have a choice to not pay it...and its not an insignificant amount of money every month.

Its the Democrats that embrace the I have two Mommies or I have two daddies...and the whole fag marriage thing and the attacks on anything that has a passing mention to God in it...yet embrace and in fact FORCE recognition of the Child Molester whoreshiping Muslims "religion". The left also thinks everyone should have the right to get stoned all the time....and generally push the idea that why get married to have kids....do it now and with as many different fathers as possible so no kid grows up knowing whose responsible for their being born.

Those are ALL liberal agenda items for well over the last 3 decades

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 12/14/12 11:52 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Canvasback, you're right about the lack of consequences and the foolishness of the self-esteem movement. Not everyone working in schools then believed that crap or tried to perpetuate it. The shift I saw began in high shool with kids I had in the early 70's. They began to live in their own culture and didn't especially want to become adults. They had it too good where they were. Instead of learning, what they wanted were fashionable clothes and a good car. Forget education. Oh, and they expected good grades too. The two income family often made these trends worse, of course. Back then it was much less necessary for two parents to work, but they did it anyway.I think one of the most destructive changes young people have been subjected to is being turned into consumers before they even start school. How that feeds into the problem we're discussing here I'll save for another time.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....Mass shooters from the past several years, to my recollection, are mostly young "adults" who grew up in a far different world than we did, one that markets violence as entertainment. We're not the problem. We've owned firearms for decades, know how to use them, and wouldn't shoot people at random in a million years....

Bill, you're the same as nca, a little different approach. Maybe it's just a numbers game, more people than fifty years ago, so more chance of a nut showing up here and there. A lib will always come up with a distraction, you try to make it sound plausible.

I can remember when an old black and white tv would start to go, it would get a line that formed along the bottom and the picture would slowly get smaller. My folks used to say that was all the dead cowboys and indians piling up. Why isn't middle aged and older whitey attacking reservations or rodeos with semiauto gunfire.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
The shift I saw began in high shool with kids I had in the early 70's.

That's about right, the children born to the drug culture dip shit hippies hit the high school classroom about that time.....just in time for your liberal indoctrination......

Obviously you were a teacher in California, Illinois, Minnesota or the North East, transplanting yourself to Montana after your voting pattern ruined where you used to live.........kind of like a rat leaving a garbage dump............you should have called yourself 'transplant Bill'......

Watching you here and on the ISS hate post that you gave birth to, a clear picture of you has formed......you are one twisted libtard......

How and what you write here shows quite clearly you were never in the military and never supported or fought for your country......therefore all your anti war and other liberal twisted views that you pound continuously ..........I can just imagine what you taught the children of others......sad indeed.....

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
In all seriousness though and I am not trying to divert the topic but the family unit was stronger back when union membership and strength was at its best.

WTF?

Sidelock
Sidelock

So here is a question for both of you, Bill and nca225.

You both said you more or less agree with me. That it is probably not the guns but the people wielding them. I have floated some ideas about why they may be different now and we are all pretty much in agreement the changes aren't for the better.

So why advocate against guns? Why don't you advocate for a change to the FUNDAMENTAL causes!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

For all the fulminations at this time, for all what some see as a continuous struggle against liberals or worse, there's an absolute guarantee nothing is going to change in the United States concerning gun owners' rights and freedoms. The Supreme Court has confirmed a constitutional right to bear arms, struck down restrictive ownership in Washington and Illinois, guns are permitted in some schools, citizens show up with AR-15s at political rallies. It's common to see pistols on hips and votes allowing concealed. Leaders will continue to be assassinated, massacres bring country to mourning in one of the world's strongest democracies but as sure as maple syrup comes from trees no one will take guns away from Americans. It is written. Fear not. Ask Jim. Those who downrate their fellow citizens, country and constitution do not long remain citizens of a great nation.

Last edited by King Brown; 12/15/12 12:52 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
You should be stalked just like the vermin you are.

ISS, you are not only one dumb sumbitch, but you really are a nasty [censored].

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.